Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
What membership type are you ? General Admission ? They go on sale tomorrow

General Admission Members would normally get in and stand / find a seat / upgrade.

$0 is as you have already paid for admission as part of your membership.

Only difference with this is because of contact tracing and everyone needing a seat you will be allocated a seat.

I read that because everyone who went in the ballot got a ticket and because the take up was not what they expected that there were tickets left for GA Members to snap up.

Does anyone know the figures ? I.e how many people were eligible for the ballot and how many put in ? Just curious and apolgies if i have missed it.
Out of interests (I've been swamped by work and family stuff past few weeks) was the ballot only for members with reserve seat? Members like me (Maurice Rioli Club) just try our luck tomorrow?

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
What membership type are you ? General Admission ?
Probably the only good thing about Covid.

General Admission Members would normally get in and stand / find a seat / upgrade

With contact tracing and everyone needing a seat I would presume all General Admission members who accees a ticket tomorrow will be allocated a seat.

Because everyone who went in the ballot got a ticket and because the take up was not what they expected
What membership type are you ? General Admission ?

General Admission Members can get tickets tomorrow, there is no charge given you have already paid for admission with your
Out of interests (I've been swamped by work and family stuff past few weeks) was the ballot only for members with reserve seat? Members like me (Maurice Rioli Club) just try our luck tomorrow?
Not sure mate.

I thought that MRC had no impact on your ticketing given it's not a membership.

If you are a Richmond Member, outside of reserved area and reserved seating then you can purchase tickets tomorrow.

I'll apologise in advance if this is incorrect.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Probably the only good thing about Covid.

General Admission Members would normally get in and stand / find a seat / upgrade

With contact tracing and everyone needing a seat I would presume all General Admission members who accees a ticket tomorrow will be allocated a seat.

Because everyone who went in the ballot got a ticket and because the take up was not what they expected

General Admission Members can get tickets tomorrow, there is no charge given you have already paid for admission with your

Not sure mate.

If you are a Richmond Member, outside of reserved area and reserved seating then you can purchase tickets tomorrow.

Also membership category - includes GF guarantee. Assume just available as per general admission member.

Would have thought they could have thrown us some type of bone considering what we pay and the fact no chance to attend GF last year...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So are we logging in to go into a ballot or are we actually grabbing guaranteed seats tomorrow?
Pretty sure that the ballots all been done n those successful have already been allocated their seats, got mine :)) . Whatever is left for tomorrow is first in best dressed grab for seats.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If you can see it in the APP then thats it.
My understanding is that the APP is linked to the RFC Ticketmaster account.
I dont believe (and please others correct me if i am wrong) that it will ever appear in a TICKETEK account unless you are a general admission member who buys through ticketek.

And for the avoidance of doubt - There are no paper tickets. It is purely a digital experience from my undertanding so everyone will be scanning in via their phones.

Yes they are digital tickets, and my daughter has managed to log in to her account on the app and has her ticket. I figure I can't see hers since she is an adult member now she has finished uni. She is 26 after all.

As for only being digital tickets, well, they say the same about AFLW but I can print them! I do have the app on my phone linked to Ticketmaster but the MCG is Ticketek so it seems to be all a bit confusing on that front.

I just find paper tickets scan quicker and better. The AFLW tickets are QR codes and they work fine as a print out. Also means I don't have to work out how to forward the tickets.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes they are digital tickets, and my daughter has managed to log in to her account on the app and has her ticket. I figure I can't see hers since she is an adult member now she has finished uni. She is 26 after all.

As for only being digital tickets, well, they say the same about AFLW but I can print them! I do have the app on my phone linked to Ticketmaster but the MCG is Ticketek so it seems to be all a bit confusing on that front.

I just find paper tickets scan quicker and better. The AFLW tickets are QR codes and they work fine as a print out. Also means I don't have to work out how to forward the tickets.

DS

Yeah, the key is the QR code - print that out in a similar size to what presents on the phone screen and it should scan just as well if not better than a phone screen.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

DS

That’s interesting

I finally managed to follow the steps and downloaded the tickets to my “Apple wallet“
I’ve never used the wallet app before and I wasn’t really keen to use either since it kept pushing me to put all my cards etc in the app too

Then I heard that my young bloke had downloaded his tickets to his phone without worrying about the “wallet”

If they can be printed I reckon I might try that too just to have as a backup

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

This is correct. MRC is not a ticketed membership. It gives you access to the MRC pre and post game functions and gives you the GF guarantee. that is all. You need to get another membership on top for h&a games.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
the club is obviously uncontactable so reaching out here - for the port game (approx round 4), does anyone have any intel on how many tickets we'll have available for RFC members? we are country members hoping to go to the game over there.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
The club has been swamped with calls try sending a DM on twitter thats how i got my answer to a question i needed
Roll on This Afternoon hopefully can get my Ticket

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Any chance the club could have an on hold when trying to call them.? Beeping ring for two days now with no luck.
Yer, exactly. It's not good enough after being long-term, direct-debit members who loyally kept paying through 2020. Cannot get through to even tell them I haven't received the email with my new barcode, so cannot even attempt to go in the ballot or get tickets. My 25 y.o son is exactly same GA member who received his over a week ago.

Really pissed off. Not sure I will maintain CT payment plan now.

Just get more staff on the phones!!!!!

• Sad

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The club has been swamped with calls try sending a DM on twitter thats how i got my answer to a question i needed
Roll on This Afternoon hopefully can get my Ticket
I'm not on Twitter but what ID did you have to send? Is it private/safe - not accessible to others e.g. scammers?