Round 12 the 8 game prelude to Monday | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12 the 8 game prelude to Monday

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I reckon we are starting to see the point in the season where the real contenders are split from the not quite theres.
Also the depth in the playing lists is becoming more important than in prior years with injuries and short breaks.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
stiff for the tackler, but in the back all day. Although Jase crapped-on for ages, there was no forward momentum.
No way, Snake. Have to disagree. Just the same as I vehemently disagree with McChins in his call of our last game where that stager, R. Gray for Poort, was wrapped up in a perfectly good tackle by Broad (or another defender). McChins howled along with the PA ferals for the umps refusal to pay a free (or was it paid and Eddie was delighted? Can't even remember)
For a simple reason. Go and wrap your arms hard around a fit, strong mate (with the build of a footballer), then tell me how you can possibly PUSH them in the back simultaneously? Your arms are wrapped up in the tackle, so how can you use your hands to PUSH in the back?
The player being tackled, his momentum may carry them forward a bit or the tackler may have momentum to make the ground up to lay the tackle. Or you may really dive forward in the tackle, as Gray, and others, often do. But it cannot be a push.
I would accept no free if ump thought no prior; otherwise it's caught with the ball. Reward the tackler if there was prior.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No way, Snake. Have to disagree. Just the same as I vehemently disagree with McChins in his call of our last game where that stager, R. Gray for Poort, was wrapped up in a perfectly good tackle by Broad (or another defender). McChins howled along with the PA ferals for the umps refusal to pay a free (or was it paid and Eddie was delighted? Can't even remember)
For a simple reason. Go and wrap your arms hard around a fit, strong mate (with the build of a footballer), then tell me how you can possibly PUSH them in the back simultaneously? Your arms are wrapped up in the tackle, so how can you use your hands to PUSH in the back?
The player being tackled, his momentum may carry them forward a bit or the tackler may have momentum to make the ground up to lay the tackle. Or you may really dive forward in the tackle, as Gray, and others, often do. But it cannot be a push.
I would accept no free if ump thought no prior; otherwise it's caught with the ball. Reward the tackler if there was prior.

yeah, I've always thought the push in the back rule was originally designed with marking contests in mind, not tackles. I've got no evidence for that though.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Port 119 - no
Melbourne 96 - 4th
GWS 89 - ?
Essendon 83 - flag
Collingwood 81 - 2nd
Geelong 80 - 2nd
Hawthorn 78 - flag

Depends on the definition of "smashed" as to how far down the list you go. After losing by 40+, 11 of the 35 have won the flag.
Yep. Just as I thought.
No chance making finals this year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good result for the tigers.

Great result they took a % kick in the nuts also if we consolidate 6 ahead of them we should stay ahead of them going forward.

Had we got over them I reckon it wouldve just about been over for them

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Great result they took a % kick in the nuts also if we consolidate 6 ahead of them we should stay ahead of them going forward.

Had we got over them I reckon it wouldve just about been over for them
The play the eagles next which will be a tough assignment for GWS based on their current form

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That would be about all they're running for. Certainly not running much on the field

Its over. Another team bites the dust after a good old slapping.
offer pick 18 for Green.
And try to get Perryman too.

Nov 10 2020 GWS Clearance Sale

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jeremy Cameron is just about the biggest onfield *smile* head in the game i reckon.

He goes full sook tantrum when hes getting flogged.

How was the prolonged headlock tackle not 50.

Hes an uber sook with the ticker of a hummingbird. Hed make a great captain of Adelaide.

GwS megastars seem content with million bucks a year.

Kelly looked like the next star but hes not

Id love to destroy Port as an institution this year