Round 14 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - Other Games

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
caesar said:
We had David King, Terry Wallace and a few other nuff nuffs referring to stats in the last month trying to make us believe Essendon were operating as the best defense in the competition, 36 scoring shots to 16 says otherwise ;D

King talks some *smile*. Essendon best defence....yeah right
They could've copped. 20 goal slapping.
And Hurley should've had 8 kicked on him.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
King talks some sh!t. Essendon best defence....yeah right
They could've copped. 20 goal slapping.
And Hurley should've had 8 kicked on him.

The AFL media seem to over rate Essendon, and Essendon's defence based on Saad having a few running bounces every week.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
TigerForce said:
STFU Taylor and concentrate on commentating.

Well said, those inane comments about the use of a taxi to get Guelfi assumedly to hospital for some tests were beyond the pail.

First, the bloke had already been checked by the club doctor.

Secondly, perhaps it might be best practice to ensure the ambulance on service for the venue remained there for a potential critical incident.

But really, Taylor went over the top when he described the taxi as a beat up Hyundai.

The silly bugger didn’t realise the badge on front of the vehicle clearly demonstrated it was from the AFL’s major sponsor, Toyota!

Gill, you’d better have a word to Brian.

He’s risked offence to your sponsor while simultaneously denigrating a Carlton sponsor!

All, while he was just talking crap!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bernie said:
Well said, those inane comments about the use of a taxi to get Guelfi assumedly to hospital for some tests were beyond the pail.

First, the bloke had already been checked by the club doctor.

Secondly, perhaps it might be best practice to ensure the ambulance on service for the venue remained there for a potential critical incident.

But really, Taylor went over the top when he described the taxi as a beat up Hyundai.

The silly bugger didn’t realise the badge on front of the vehicle clearly demonstrated it was from the AFL’s major sponsor, Toyota!

Gill, you’d better have a word to Brian.

He’s risked offence to your sponsor while simultaneously denigrating a Carlton sponsor!

All, while he was just talking crap!

This stalking moron is somehow allowed to get away with too much.

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Channel 7 insist on their comedy/slapstick approach to broadcasting football, it's dreadful. I know the alternative is Foxtel, but many of us simply cannot afford it.
All I want is to see the game, have the commentary add something useful (like actually knowing the players) and a few stats. Spare me the vaudeville nonsense!

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Other sports have/had icons like John Madden, Marv Albert, Al Michaels, Richie Benaud, Martin Tyler etc.

AFL has Brian Taylor and Dwayne Russell.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
mexican_radio said:
Channel 7 insist on their comedy/slapstick approach to broadcasting football, it's dreadful. I know the alternative is Foxtel, but many of us simply cannot afford it.
All I want is to see the game, have the commentary add something useful (like actually knowing the players) and a few stats. Spare me the vaudeville nonsense!

Kayo give you all the footy you get on Fox for $25 per month. Much more affordable than Fox if, like me, you only ever watch the sport and don't care about the other stuff like Fox8 etc. I do watch Sky News a fair bit though so would need to find an alternative to that once my Fox contract ends.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
BrisTiger24 said:
Kayo give you all the footy you get on Fox for $25 per month. Much more affordable than Fox if, like me, you only ever watch the sport and don't care about the other stuff like Fox8 etc. I do watch Sky News a fair bit though so would need to find an alternative to that once my Fox contract ends.

Better still, you get two log ons, so my son, who doesn’t live at home, and I pay $12:50 each

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
BrisTiger24 said:
Only problem is you actually need a decent internet connection and the coalition government have made sure that aint happening for the majority of the population.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
MalenyTiger said:
Only problem is you actually need a decent internet connection and the coalition government have made sure that aint happening for the majority of the population.

NBN - no band network . Foxtel is Murdoch .. ::)

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
MalenyTiger said:

If they spend another $20b they might get close. ::)

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
TT33 said:
If they spend another $20b they might get close. ::)

From my experience nearly 3 months now, A particular retailer provider, can not even engage NBN to examine the problem. There is no proper protocols followed. Cant even lodge the matter properly ! $20B wont come close. there are a number of good people but the lack of training is an absolute joke for staff. The Retailers should be sitting down with NBN (Tech support) and ensuring they streamline process and train everyone properly so issues can be attended to. Its a joke

One person I mentioned in 'escalated tech support' I have my own router.. the response "is that like a wifi extender" after I spent a little time trying to explain it

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Al Bundy said:
From my experience nearly 3 months now, A particular retailer provider, can not even engage NBN to examine the problem. There is no proper protocols followed. Cant even lodge the matter properly ! $20B wont come close. there are a number of good people but the lack of training is an absolute joke for staff. The Retailers should be sitting down with NBN (Tech support) and ensuring they streamline process and train everyone properly so issues can be attended to. Its a joke

One person I mentioned in 'escalated tech support' I have my own router.. the response "is that like a wifi extender" after I spent a little time trying to explain it

Truly mind boggling. It's a disgrace that so many $s have been wasted & we still have an inferior internet system.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I use Foxtel Now and the amount of "buffering" I get on that is ridiculous. I've rang the "help" line on numerous occasions but their "help" is non existent. I have no "buffering" when using Netflix or Stan or Telstra movies or anything else, just Foxtel Now.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
TT33 said:
Truly mind boggling. It's a disgrace that so many $s have been wasted & we still have an inferior internet system.

It's crazy. I live in Abu Dhabi and just got my Internet package upgraded from 256Mbs to 512Mbps for free. Max I could get where I lived in Beaumaris was 25Mbps cable. Our government can't be trusted to run these types of infrastructure projects. Royally stuffed up NBN. Should have concentrated on the big city centers first rather than running fibre in the outback. Out of populated areas should always have been WiMAX over fibre it was the large percentage of the budget. They may as well pause for now and recalibrate an approach based on intro of 5G. FYI 5G is already available in areas here in UAE.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Currently getting 114Mbps on cable and will hold out for as long as possible before having to move to NBN.

Kayo is great but I find that performance problems occur during games televised by Channel 7, especially Friday night. Think they’ve increased buffering (delay) lately in a bid to address it.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
sausage_meat69 said:
FYI 5G is already available in areas here in UAE.

Cool!

Now the Chinese government know every time you masturbate!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As long as the Emirates honchos dont they might want to cut something off .................................