Round 14 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - Other Games

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The obvious question is how does a player execute the tackle to ensure that the tackled players head doesn't hit the ground? What could Pickett have done differently? Seems like a luck of the draw type of thing.
And won’t it just mean players will drop the ball when tackled and fall so that their head contacts the turf slightly, the way they collapse when there’s any contact from behind to get in the back frees?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
These Geelong players just keep pushing in the back and getting away with it.

Also umpire 2 metre away called touched but overturned by the Geelong controlled Arc wtf.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Was really looking forward to this game.
So far been very ho hum.

Reactions: 1 user

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Alot of Tom Stewart haters on here but he is a gun player and always consistent.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I also heard this on the radio tonight...apparently an AFL VIC directive? The other Scott brother’s portfolio??
This where footy started going wrong twenty, thirty years ago... The professional arm of the game took over control of the community, junior and minor leagues and have, through money I presume, been able to coerce them to follow the AFL HO way.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
What I find ridiculous (well no skin of my nose), 20% capacity (7K)), but these 7000 people are all sitting together on the wings.
Shouldn't they all be separated? I remember early this year at the G it was pretty spread out and only your group/family sitting at the end of the aisle.

Of course, stadiums can save money by keeping shut some of the grandstands by crowding everyone together but that defeats the purpose of the Gov allowing crowds in as I'm sure reduced capacity means stadiums need to spread everyone around the ground.
But they have all had a negative COVId test, ....... no wait that's only for going to the snow.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
The obvious question is how does a player execute the tackle to ensure that the tackled players head doesn't hit the ground? What could Pickett have done differently? Seems like a luck of the draw type of thing.
Seems like a total *smile* up from HO in the waiting to me, I’m telling you, wait till the rule is in vogue and players will head butt the ground for a free. It’s gonna happen.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Nice jacket Tommy Browne, does it come in your size?

• Haha

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Mate of mine is an umpire and he reckons this week a new rule has been brought in where if the head hits the ground during a tackle, it is automatically deemed dangerous and a free against.

I reckon you can put a grand on players head butting the ground by the end of the round to get a free
Doesn't seem to be being enforced tonight and there have been a few borderline dangerous tackles IMO.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Alot of Tom Stewart haters on here but he is a gun player and always consistent.
Don't hate him, just find it hard to believe that he has 2 AAs, and triple premiership player Nick Vlastuin has goose eggs.

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Any team that let's Josh Bruce kick a bag is *smile*.

With Naughton out can't see Dogs winning and will make the Cats look good for another week

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Don't hate him, just find it hard to believe that he has 2 AAs, and triple premiership player Nick Vlastuin has goose eggs.
Well my take on it is Stewart is the 3rd best defender in the game after Grimes and Vlaustin. I think he deserves his 2AAs but the travesty is Vlaustin and Grimes should be both 3 or 4 time AAs.