Round 15 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 15 - other games

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Agree regarding the umpires. Commented on the umpires thread about the touched goal in last.

And only 25,000 there. That says a lot about the Bombers supporters.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
On the flip side, if Tigers win it puts us just 1 game behind Giants. They really are still psychologically weak. Should have put Essendon away a lot earlier.

Yes, home game against GWS in a few weeks puts things a little more within our control.

+15 free kicks... we've had one of those in the last 15 years.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
What's the purpose of the goal review when they get it wrong so often? Replay now on ch 7 clearly showed finger going backwards even though reporter Jobe Watson insisted you couldn't tell.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
GWS have as much chance of winning a flag on the MCG as StKikda. No chance.
They have 5 guns Cameron, Congilio, Kelly, Whitfield and Taranto. Hopper and Davis are good, but
Tomilison, Shaw, Lloyd, Daniels, Mumford are all Duds.
Essendon got the rub of the green in the last 10 minutes of the game. The umpires paid them free kicks GWS didn’t get all night.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Essendon are a side that could come out next week and lose to Sydney.
Pity for Essendon Grand Finals aren’t played on that shithole of a ground.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Junkie Jobe is poorly chosen description. Not his fault. He did not choose to do drugs.

He admitted on TV to taking AOD9604 because the players had been told by ASADA they weren't being charged over it.

As a captain, he failed his teammates by not standing against it or asking the right questions. They all felt so damn good.

Then later was described as an unreliable witness by CAS.

He presents well but the facts don't. People with good track records did bad things at Essendon.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
He admitted on TV to taking AOD9604 because the players had been told by ASADA they weren't being charged over it.

As a captain, he failed his teammates by not standing against it or asking the right questions. They all felt so damn good.

He presents well but the facts don't. People with good track records did bad things at Essendon.
I also remember him wanting to lead a strike or a sit-down or something like that anyway.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014

We don't know what questions any of the players asked but if they did they were assured that they were not being given anything that was banned. None of them were knowingly taking illegal drugs so they should not be called junkies. The smart one was Zaharakis who chose not to take part in the experimental program but it does not make the others junkies imo. Bomber on the other hand has admitted to using Ice to mask the pain of this shocking saga. Pity he could not make smarter decisions to get the psyche help he needed to deal with it all.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Only saw the 3rd quarter. It was just about the most boring quarter of football I've ever seen in my life so I turned it off. Soft, unaccountable football played by both sides. Geez the Giants are soft. World beaters in their own pitiful little stadium in the west of Sydney but go to water when the heat is on in Melbourne. They might win a final in Sydney but can't see them winning any in Melbourne. They just don't seem to have the grit required.

They should have put Essendon away in the 3rd quarter. The ball lived in their forward half but they played like millionaires. As I said, soft and unaccountable.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good for us that the giants lost top 4 still there if we're good enough

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Good for us that the giants lost top 4 still there if we're good enough

We will struggle to make the 8 let alone top 4.
GWS might be only a game above us (if we beat stkilda) but their percentage is almost double ours.
We need jack back ASAP to be any chance to finish 5th or 6th, very unlikely

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We don't know what questions any of the players asked but if they did they were assured that they were not being given anything that was banned. None of them were knowingly taking illegal drugs so they should not be called junkies. .........

We need a dislike button - this is crap and CAS proved it so. If they all thought they were taking legal substances then why didn’t they list them on their ASADA mandatory reporting sheets during the period in question? Because they didn’t want to get caught. That’s why.

Please don’t rewrite history according to the bummers.

Reactions: 1 users