Round 15 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 15 - other games

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
were the cats fans booing Walker? thats disgraceful. I hope Scott apologises in his press conference.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Idiot commentators crapping on about a Geelong home final again. What a load of ****. They never played finals at Kardinia Park in the 60s or 70s or 80s or 90s or even when they won flags in this century. Now all of a sudden everyone’s bitching about how unfair it is. What crap.

Finals in Melbourne between Victorian clubs are played at the MCG. Full stop. A home final means your home state; not necessarily home ground. If they play Freo then they can play at their pathetic 35k seat stadium. And hopefully lose again. Ironically BT was the voice of reason! I love Richo but he’s starting to **** me as a commentator; it’s like he goes out of his way to be unbiased. He’s gone over the top.

Geelong really **** me. Bunch of whingers and sore losers. Just like the coach and Ablett. I’d just about rather Scumwood win the flag than Geelong.

Agreed. The levels of arrogant smugness are higher in Geelong supporters than any other group.

They now have a generation of supporters used to success who don't know what it's like to struggle.

Wish them nothing but pain.

Having said that, I do think they will drop off a big cliff coming into finals.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Agreed. The levels of arrogant smugness are higher in Geelong supporters than any other group.

They now have a generation of supporters used to success who don't know what it's like to struggle.

Wish them nothing but pain.

Having said that, I do think they will drop off a big cliff coming into finals.

Obviously dont watch many hawthorn, Essendon ,eagles ...i could go on. Sour grapes perhaps??

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Roaming Brian going a treat at Catland.

Demoted to chatting to the Club Chef who couldn't coherently put 3 words together that also wouldn't divulge what he'd made for the players after match. (Hey just a heads up most of the clubs have Pizza I'm sure you've seen it.)

Ha Ha Bristle being forced to speak to their sponsors and contributors instead of actual Geelong Players, well played by the Cats in that regard.

Car Crash TV.
I heard BT got the worst commentator votes by a mile in the AFL survey ? Time his moved on, I actually think the majority of commentators are doing more harm then good for the AFL atm, really needs a freshen up, ad Wheatley to the most listen to sports station and we are putting our supporters to sleep.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I heard BT got the worst commentator votes by a mile in the AFL survey ? Time his moved on, I actually think the majority of commentators are doing more harm then good for the AFL atm, really needs a freshen up, ad Wheatley to the most listen to sports station and we are putting our supporters to sleep.

Learning player's names would be a good start as a competent commentator.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

TV commentary used to be much closer to radio commentary in style - more play-by-play than waffling on about the game in general while play continues. Last night Richo was caught waffling while a player was tearing into goal and it was terrible for those focusing on the game.

A Richie Benaud minimalist approach probably wouldn't work for footy. I'm not sure what the answer is.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TV commentary used to be much closer to radio commentary in style - more play-by-play than waffling on about the game in general while play continues. Last night Richo was caught waffling while a player was tearing into goal and it was terrible for those focusing on the game.

A Richie Benaud minimalist approach probably wouldn't work for footy. I'm not sure what the answer is.
I think it’s simple, less egos and simply commentate the *smile* game, always plenty going on with no need to dribble utter crap

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
From the CAS arbitration hearing:

The panel laid out a series of strikes against the players:
  • The players had all received AFL anti-doping education, which emphasised individual responsibility
  • No player appeared to have made use of the WADA drugs hotline or any other hotline to check what they were being given
  • No player appeared to have searched on the internet for information on Thymosin or to have made other inquiries about its elements or properties
  • No player asked the club doctor for advice about Thymosin despite signing a consent form for its administration
  • No player tested during the 2012 season revealed on his doping control form that he was in receipt of Thymosin injections
"There would be no reason to cast a veil of secrecy over something that was known positively to be lawful and innocent," CAS said.

"Given that it is the primary responsibility of the player to ensure that he does not make use of a prohibited substance, the players' lack of curiosity is fatal to the success of this particular plea [for a no significant fault finding]."

Not sure how you can say the players are innocent.
I say the players were innocent of deliberately and knowingly taking illegal, banned substances because they followed directions and they were assured by their club that what they were being given was ok. I agree they are guilty of not taking individual responsibility to check the legality of what they were ingesting but they trusted the club officials and they did what they were told and that's where this whole saga fell apart. Everyone at Essendon put too much trust in Hird, Bomber, Chartris, etc. and left the players out on a limb to take the wrap. A huge disgrace all round as we well know but that does not make Jobe a junkie imo.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Would love Richmond or another Melbourne team to finish fourth so the first final is at the 'G and Geelong supporters can go into meltdown.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Another good result for us keeping the crows from a top 4 finish. Hoping we finish 4th to meet geelong at the G in week 1 of the finals.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Obviously dont watch many hawthorn, Essendon ,eagles ...i could go on. Sour grapes perhaps??

Cats r the worst of that mob. Hillbillies. And Dangerfield does himself no favours with his over the top posturing and staging. First class wanker.
Will take much pleasure in beating them in a final again. With most of our best players back Cats supporters know we have them covered in a final at the g.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Increasingly hitting the mute button. .... Brayshaw, Taylor, Zemplis, Darcy, Russell etc all ego driven narcissists. Fortunately have foxtel and find Brenton Speed and Adam Papalia heaps more professional though the downside is when the experts are Lyon, Del Santo and Ricutto to name a few.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No show from the Hawks fans/members today. Softest fans in the AFL, spoilt for success for 40 years but when the good times end they disappear quicker than .....something that disappears quickly. Just like they did late 90s early 2000s.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ouchy wouchy, Hawks just don't know how to win anymore. We needed Hawks to win, West Coast's percentage isn't that flash.