Round 15 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 15 - other games

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
We don't know what questions any of the players asked but if they did they were assured that they were not being given anything that was banned. None of them were knowingly taking illegal drugs so they should not be called junkies. The smart one was Zaharakis who chose not to take part in the experimental program but it does not make the others junkies imo. Bomber on the other hand has admitted to using Ice to mask the pain of this shocking saga. Pity he could not make smarter decisions to get the psyche help he needed to deal with it all.
Thompson is a fibber. He said he only started using ice after the Essendrugs scandal. Costa Cats President is on record as saying the Cats had concerns and heard rumours that Bomber was on drugs when still coaching Geelong. Thompson and his whole time at Geelong with Dank, Robinson has a smell about it.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thompson will hide behind the scandal and play the metal health card as everyone does these days.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We don't know what questions any of the players asked but if they did they were assured that they were not being given anything that was banned. None of them were knowingly taking illegal drugs so they should not be called junkies. The smart one was Zaharakis who chose not to take part in the experimental program but it does not make the others junkies imo. Bomber on the other hand has admitted to using Ice to mask the pain of this shocking saga. Pity he could not make smarter decisions to get the psyche help he needed to deal with it all.

From the CAS arbitration hearing:

The panel laid out a series of strikes against the players:
  • The players had all received AFL anti-doping education, which emphasised individual responsibility
  • No player appeared to have made use of the WADA drugs hotline or any other hotline to check what they were being given
  • No player appeared to have searched on the internet for information on Thymosin or to have made other inquiries about its elements or properties
  • No player asked the club doctor for advice about Thymosin despite signing a consent form for its administration
  • No player tested during the 2012 season revealed on his doping control form that he was in receipt of Thymosin injections
"There would be no reason to cast a veil of secrecy over something that was known positively to be lawful and innocent," CAS said.

"Given that it is the primary responsibility of the player to ensure that he does not make use of a prohibited substance, the players' lack of curiosity is fatal to the success of this particular plea [for a no significant fault finding]."

Not sure how you can say the players are innocent.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We need a dislike button - this is crap and CAS proved it so. If they all thought they were taking legal substances then why didn’t they list them on their ASADA mandatory reporting sheets during the period in question? Because they didn’t want to get caught. That’s why.

Please don’t rewrite history according to the bummers.
And the leaders, like Jobe, effectively bullied younger, less experienced players into agreeing to the program.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Round 15

ClubAv AgeAv Gms
W.C.26.77133.5
Haw26.37118.1
Adel26.31111.1
Coll26.19111.5
Geel26.16122.8
GWS25.84104.8
Rich25.50105.9
Bris25.26102.1
N.M.25.1897.3
Carl24.9792.5
Ess24.9282.7
Melb24.7175.0
P.A.24.5688.5
W.B.24.5181.1
Frem24.3276.2
St.K23.9265.9
Syd23.7972.9
G.C.23.7472.2

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez...the Crows doing well or the Cats doing bad?? WTF......c'mon Cats don't make the Chokers clear favourites for the flag.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The teams we need to lose, Port and Freo, are playing Western Bulldogs and Carlton respectively and at home.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why didn’t Dyke select Himmerberg, Davis and Gibbs against us??

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Idiot commentators crapping on about a Geelong home final again. What a load of *smile*. They never played finals at Kardinia Park in the 60s or 70s or 80s or 90s or even when they won flags in this century. Now all of a sudden everyone’s bitching about how unfair it is. What crap.

Finals in Melbourne between Victorian clubs are played at the MCG. Full stop. A home final means your home state; not necessarily home ground. If they play Freo then they can play at their pathetic 35k seat stadium. And hopefully lose again. Ironically BT was the voice of reason! I love Richo but he’s starting to *smile* me as a commentator; it’s like he goes out of his way to be unbiased. He’s gone over the top.

Geelong really *smile* me. Bunch of whingers and sore losers. Just like the coach and Ablett. I’d just about rather Scumwood win the flag than Geelong.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Walker is such a cat, would have to close as the worse plastic tough guy I’ve ever seen play the game.
I lost count how many marks he went for with one arm.
Take out the one of Crouch brothers & Sloane Adelaide are a bottom 6 side.
Talia couldn’t even keep up with the fat Mudguts in Hawkins
Betts is finished
Grubb’s is finished
And for the talk that Obrein is better then Jacobs, it’s *smile*. He couldn’t hold a mark all night.
Adelaide are another team just making up the numbers.
Geelong are *smile* too. Dahiuhouse Atkins Taylor all weak links. We be found out n September Again. Wait and see.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Idiot commentators crapping on about a Geelong home final again. What a load of ****. They never played finals at Kardinia Park in the 60s or 70s or 80s or 90s or even when they won flags in this century. Now all of a sudden everyone’s bitching about how unfair it is. What crap.

Finals in Melbourne between Victorian clubs are played at the MCG. Full stop. A home final means your home state; not necessarily home ground. If they play Freo then they can play at their pathetic 35k seat stadium. And hopefully lose again. Ironically BT was the voice of reason! I love Richo but he’s starting to **** me as a commentator; it’s like he goes out of his way to be unbiased. He’s gone over the top.

Geelong really **** me. Bunch of whingers and sore losers. Just like the coach and Ablett. I’d just about rather Scumwood win the flag than Geelong.

Let them a have final down there.
The week after they will get slap at the G.
They aren’t that good. Pity we have gone backwards this year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Roaming Brian going a treat at Catland.

Demoted to chatting to the Club Chef who couldn't coherently put 3 words together that also wouldn't divulge what he'd made for the players after match. (Hey just a heads up most of the clubs have Pizza I'm sure you've seen it.)

Ha Ha Bristle being forced to speak to their sponsors and contributors instead of actual Geelong Players, well played by the Cats in that regard.

Car Crash TV.

Last edited: