Round 2 Collingwood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 Collingwood

Apologies all, “ground down” is the wrong term for our last win against this mob. Meant to say we stared them down. We took their best and said “what else?”

You get the impression we were so hungry that game, so determined to kill the monkey on the back. It was the first time I thought we were morals for the 2019 flag.

And Collingwood? Dunno if it’s wishful thinking, but Sidebottom and Pendlebury will be spearheading that midfield again. And they’re old. Treloar keeps pinging soft tissues, Adams is injury prone, de Goey a pinch hitter.

If this mob can’t split eight goals between their small forwards, it’s pretty much all over.

Bakes, Broady and Shorty will need to beat their opponents.

All the reports on Collonwood seem to have them primed for this first game. And as we know they love to start quickly and have probably been training to go even quicker than usual, where as the tiges might be applying a more considered training philosophy that’s looking at the season as a whole.

It’s certainly going to be interesting to see how the season shakes out as I’m guessing some clubs might already be missing players by around round 5 due to the adoption of a kamikaze playing style to a game that’s already inherently brutal.

Thursday is Collonwood’s grand final. Hopefully the boys have some tricks up their sleeves. Or Castagna kicks straight after cutting shreds through their defensive web. Either way.

Reactions: 1 users
Let them play him.
Another dud.
Collingwood dont recruit good talls.
Francis, McKee, the dud from Brisbane, lynch, Fellows, Fraser,

They did recruit a top line tall in Mal Michael then they let him go to Brisbane to anchor the most dominant defence of the early 2000s and play in 3 straight Premierships the last 2 against them :mhihi :mhihi

Reactions: 3 users
Darcy Cameron played really well in the Wang Marsh Series game against us so Lurch won't be much of a loss for them. Cameron is 205cm and good in the air from memory. About the same size as Soldo.
Selecting a backup ruckman as the key tall in attack doesnt sound too bad, for us.
Ruckman are spuds (I was one)
Tipping Cameron to be more like Justin Madden than Paul salmon

Can we watch tonight’s 16 a side v Collingwood anywhere?

what time is it on?

Chanel 7 are trialling their 'crowd' technology on the game apparently, so there will be cameras on it,

hopefully we can get a look at the footage somewhere?

Apparently they've hired a CGI orthodontist to enable us to experience Collingwood crowds in previously inconceivable ways.

its the new normal.

Reactions: 1 user
Chanel 7 are trialling their 'crowd' technology on the game apparently, so there will be cameras on it,

Apparently they've hired a CGI orthodontist to enable us to experience Collingwood crowds in previously inconceivable ways.

its the new normal.

I heard Collingwood supporters are allowed to attend tomorrows game.
They're are having 1000 cardboard cutouts of their fans sitting behind the goals.
I don't see any difference from last year.

• Haha
Just heard the presser from Dimma
Prestia 100% will play, he didn’t train but that’s part of his routine.

nank is out, they prefer to go with one Ruckman not sure who will give Soldo a chop out either a tall forward or a small.

higgo is playing, so is houli

not sure who the other out is, could be caddy by all reports but we’ll know in 6 hours time.

Reactions: 1 user
So it’s Bash and Higlet for Nank and likely either Syd or Caddy we guessing.

If Stackman did eat a few too many zinger burgers while Higlet has been working like a borrowed horse,

then this is a great change for ongoing team culture.

its the new normal.
Plug in crowds and now plug in teeth! Jeez if the dental practitioners bulk bill, Medicare will be in crisis! Hope some Pies supporters have private health cover.

I heard Collingwood supporters are allowed to attend tomorrows game.
They're are having 1000 cardboard cutouts of their fans sitting behind the goals.
I don't see any difference from last year.

These ones don't spit and are actually more intelligent

• Haha
Stacky, Higgo, Rioli, George, Sheds and Shai to tear em up how good would it be.

Everyone taling about Jack and Tommy but imo this is where I feel we can actually get them under pressure with our smalls especially forward as they lack decent small defenders throw in Lambo, Dion and a bloke called Dustin.