Round 2 Other games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 Other games.

According to swampthing on twitter only the fourth time in history where both teams had greater than 3000 games prior experience. Need Lee to tell us how the Hawks age profile is looking.

Average age was 28.00, Geelong 27.37. Obviously we're running behind schedule, but these were the second- and sixth-oldest Round 2 teams of all time.

Interesting to read Kennett's call for struggling teams to be relegated. Perhaps the premiership clock has stopped at Jeff's house.

Haven't seen Hawthorn as a flag threat for some years now. Clarkson's stringing it out but they're beaten too often by much younger teams to get back in this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
My guess based on past lenient treatment is they'll rate it as low impact and he'll play. He tackles to hurt and sometimes crosses the line. Has done worse without getting a holiday.

He might get off, but regardless if he does or he doesn't, he looked finished last night. He gave up on a chase after 2 steps. Playing deep forward.
One year toooo many

Hawthorn's recruiting of players from other clubs must be a concern in recent years,
Frost, Wingard, Scully,
Patton and Scrimshaw

He might get off, but regardless if he does or he doesn't, he looked finished last night. He gave up on a chase after 2 steps. Playing deep forward.
One year toooo many

Hawthorn's recruiting of players from other clubs must be a concern in recent years,
Frost, Wingard, Scully,
Patton and Scrimshaw
Vickery

• Haha
From a lovely article by Fox news' Oliver Caffrey:

"The result leaves the Cats at 1-1 in the shortened 17-round season after their loss to last year’s reigning premiers GWS in March."

They watched the premiers keep them to 3 goals

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else think last nights game seemed to go twice as long as ours?

and Cam Guthrie looked like he'd nailed blankets over all his windows during ISO and chain smoked bongs on a lounge he got out of hard rubbish?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Only watched to half time, but had to admit the skill level was miles from our game.

I still think our game was rubbish, especially from Collingwood.

If the Mudpies want to play keepings off just like we used to play in the schoolyard, then that will turn people away from the game.

10 goals from both teams in 4 quarters for god's sake.

No wonder they did not kick a goal for the last 2 and 3/4 terms.

How are other teams expected to kick goals when the other team set out to just keep possession and deny the ball to the opposition team.

Guess some bright spark of a coach will work out a solution to that dilemma.

Reactions: 1 user
and Cam Guthrie looked like he'd nailed blankets over all his windows during ISO and chain smoked bongs on a lounge he got out of hard rubbish?
Wow I didn’t realise I had been following the regime of an elite sportsman.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
did anyone else think last nights game seemed to go twice as long as ours?

Well, there were more than twice as many goals kicked, and yes.

I dont care how many goals are kicked. Without a crowd the game is soulless.
The fake crowd noise for AFL doesn't work. AFL is unpredictable unlike soccer or Rugby.
The games shouldnt be played till crowds over 10000 could turn up.
Switched off after half time last night, after realising that the half time break was longer.
They have introduced longer breaks between goals...wrong
Longer qtr & 3rd qtr breaks...wrong
Then made the half time break even longer...wrong
But they have shorten the game...wrong

Average age was 28.00, Geelong 27.37. Obviously we're running behind schedule, but these were the second- and sixth-oldest Round 2 teams of all time.

Interesting to read Kennett's call for struggling teams to be relegated. Perhaps the premiership clock has stopped at Jeff's house.

Haven't seen Hawthorn as a flag threat for some years now. Clarkson's stringing it out but they're beaten too often by much younger teams to get back in this cycle.
Can see Hawthorn falling off a cliff at some point, especially when Clarko retires. Kennett might live to regret those comments and seems to have forgotten what happened to Hawthorn in the mid nineties which occurred soon after a dominant era.

Their second-half fade-out was a relegation performance if ever I've seen one. Geesook couldn't believe how easy it got; just walked some goals in. It will be fascinating to see how the Dawks end up this year, even with far fewer games and short Qs. Pathetic effort last night.

Cliff approaching fast .... ?

Yes, sure, but like Colonwood, another team with an aging list of star players, you're forgetting that shorter games and season is going to help their chances. Especially Geessok with their particular home advantage and if their draw continues to be so favourable. Like not facing a tough run of top teams.
There's only 15 abbreviated games left for these clubs after Rd.2 And the moggs never have to cover anywhere near as many ks on their bowling alley. Allows them to keep fresher legs this season.

Agree with the above.

This block of 4 they 3 at that ground with opposition they should dismantle, get their % above everyone else’s with a top of the ladder finish looming.

Don’t think anyone will catch them.

Come finals time if we are at the same position where we are scheduled to meet the outcry to play them at their ground, the chorus will be hard for the AFL to ignore.

If the % of people at the grounds allowed to attend grows only slightly well watch all those high profile Cat supporters come out in force.

Last night was an easy kill for them.

Like last year , Geelong have come out of the blocks .

Shorter quarters this year may give them their best chance to finish top, games at their fake ground, soft sides, and home final(s) gives them their best GF berth.

Feel sick thinking about it.

Their second-half fade-out was a relegation performance if ever I've seen one. Geesook couldn't believe how easy it got; just walked some goals in. It will be fascinating to see how the Dawks end up this year, even with far fewer games and short Qs. Pathetic effort last night.

Cliff approaching fast .... ?

Yep it's coming next week for them.

He'll get the good bloke discount
That will really *smile* me if he doesn’t get at least a week. That was an extremely dangerous tackle with potential for serious injury. If he doesn’t get a week at least then it will be proof that the AFL is not serious about protecting players from head injuries and concussion; it is merely paying lip service to the issue.

If it was Soldo I’d guarantee suspension.