Round 2: The garlic Uber ride games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2: The garlic Uber ride games.

There will be a bigger stench coming from Scott's coaching box if the Cats lose.Hope he has loose fitting trousers......................

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Let's not forget Cartoon's last 5 games: 1 draw and 4 losses :mhihi

Reactions: 1 users
It's a phoney season game. The reigning Preemiers look underdone. Naturally. Personnel wise SDK, their rock from 2022, has a niggle. That's no help. They will sorely miss Selwood this year. Their rucks should have a party on the wayward TDK. But they are just rucks. They will miss their loose man Stewart. Because they're thin for small backs. Their forwards look good as at R1.

The Blues look organised and screwed down to me. Lewis Young is a comer. And covers the many weaknesses of Weitering. McGovern was never talented enough to play forward. But he is a big quick HBF and completes a very useful trio. They've shot the albatross - Plowman is out in 2023. So their small back weakness is less so. Newman is better. Docherty may have to play mid tonight but he walks into any side. And Saad is a very useful player. This is a very good backline.

The midfield is thin and lacks class. And they struggle for service from the developing ruck. Kennedy is miles better than the credit he gets. He met a better midfield last week than he will tonight and did well. Cripps will Cripps. Cerra ia a perfectly adequate change mid but after that we reach Acres country. Eh, he's an AFL class player and nobody has 20 of them. Ed Curnow. He gets a game. Thin.

With this midfield roster it's natural to play conservative footy and kick it around the backline a bit.

Carlton's forward line boasts a tall pair that is the equal of any in the comp. But the smalls. Yeah, nah. Motlop is a little gun. And sure, Charlie Curnow kicked two terrific small goals last week. They actually need more pressure forwards. And better ones than Owies. (But he'll do for now.) At least then if you bomb it in you can lock it in. But for now they have to go in clean and hit targets.

My big pot on Carlton is that they squeaked out last week on the back of a 64/45 I50 hiding. Had they won I'd be laying them. But they drew. No let down for them.

This is a R2 game. I expect the Preemiers to be underdone for a month. 2.37/1.54 SBT ATM. Prices look about right.

Apparently Weitering is 2.30 for 15 touches. The SGMers are all over that.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless I'm seeing things, why is Foxtel Ch 504 now showing as HD when last Thursday it wasn't? hmm.

Reactions: 1 user