Round 20 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 20 other games

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Going by the adelaide carlton game the stand rule is gone. Only watched second half but players just ignoring umps instructions on the mark and no whiff of a 50. Its a long way from us round 1 thats for sure.

Across the games this round so far, HTB bewildering raffle.
Not only that the umps put the whistle away in the last ignoring free kicks

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I watched a bit of the Geelong WB game. Geez WB get frees for just about nothing. Small jumper tug on a forward miles away from the ball as in about 1.5 kicks away, which happens 50 times a game, and he gets a free - FFS pay it every time or not at all. I've seen players literally pushed away from a pack setting up for a marking contest as the ball is coming in and no free.

What a joke.

As for the game, yeah, predictable win by Geelong. You know I wouldn't mind Geelong doing well if it wasn't for Scott, Selwood and Danger - they just come across as entitled arseholes. Cameron I don't particularly like but does he ever work up and down the ground, pops up everywhere, would be a damned good for for us with his ground coverage, got to have some respect for that.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I watched a bit of the Geelong WB game. Geez WB get frees for just about nothing. Small jumper tug on a forward miles away from the ball as in about 1.5 kicks away, which happens 50 times a game, and he gets a free - FFS pay it every time or not at all. I've seen players literally pushed away from a pack setting up for a marking contest as the ball is coming in and no free.

What a joke.

As for the game, yeah, predictable win by Geelong. You know I wouldn't mind Geelong doing well if it wasn't for Scott, Selwood and Danger - they just come across as entitled arseholes. Cameron I don't particularly like but does he ever work up and down the ground, pops up everywhere, would be a damned good for for us with his ground coverage, got to have some respect for that.

DS
Cameron is a gun but he is a sniper with a capital S. He tried the dog act on Bolton as well. Hopefully him, Danger and a few others retire as non premiership players. If if Dogwood gets a premiership as Captain watch the media crap with him being best captain ever in the game. And don't start me on Salty. Sub human species!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

What a joke.

DS
Gotta put Shovekins in there as well.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
We can't lose to these sides and expect to play finals.
40 up and we lose GC unforgivable
Losing to North is unfathomable
Throw in the Sydney loss.
We would sitting comfortably in the 8
This when the good clubs start ramping it up.
We’re sliding down the ramp on our arse.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Have to say that Geelong looked very impressive last night. Well balanced team playing with great belief.

Danger also found some form....

Still reckon we would beat them if we made the 8.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geelong and Dees clearly the best teams this year. Collingwood keep winning but the rest of the teams are very ordinary. I will be staggered if it’s not a Cats v Dees GF. Go Dees!!!

It’s a real shame we have *smile* the bed. We would have been a real chance if we hadn’t have blown so many winnable games. This is the last hurrah and we’ve blown it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That win for Adelaide last night opens up a 2nd potential spot in the 8, how glorious would it be to take the Blues spot and leave them languishing in 9th. In pure Bruce language that would be delicious.

They have 3 tough games, we just have to start our run home strongly and beat the Lions today.

We have a 50/50 ratio at Adelaide Oval vs the Power since they moved there in 2014. We go W/L in alternating games and we lost there the last time, so I'm hopeful we can continue that run.

Whilst there is still a chance I will continue to believe we can make it. We just need to ensure that we do our job this arvo and beat the Lions, and then we keep going 1 week at a time.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Think we can probably win today. Never really thought Blandbane were all that good the last 4-5 years. Bit overrated for mine.

Port next week is another story though. If we win today Port will see us next week as their GF. Keep Richmond out of the 8 blah blah blah.

You can 110% guarantee they’ll lift if we win today. Anyway, win today first.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Geelong and Dees clearly the best teams this year. Collingwood keep winning but the rest of the teams are very ordinary. I will be staggered if it’s not a Cats v Dees GF. Go Dees!!!

It’s a real shame we have *smile* the bed. We would have been a real chance if we hadn’t have blown so many winnable games. This is the last hurrah and we’ve blown it.
Amen to that.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Nooo! I won't have that! I remember the Mighty Clive!
OK, yes, I forgot about Clive. He was one of those guys with freakish abilities at just an average size from memory. Long ago, and my impression, without googling him, is that he only starred as a KPF for a couple of years.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Modra went ok too.
Left his best at the Crows though. Strange individual - just read the other day he rejected a request from the Don who was a fan and asked to meet him.
Also, apparently often didn't know team-mates names even though he played with for most of a season!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Left his best at the Crows though. Strange individual - just read the other day he rejected a request from the Don who was a fan and asked to meet him.
Also, apparently often didn't know team-mates names even though he played with for most of a season!
He still did pretty well at the Dockers, kicked 71 goals from 20 games and 50 from 16 games in his second year.