Round 4 - Werribee v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 4 - Werribee v Richmond

Nomorewaiting said:
Intensity has dropped right.

Disappointing.

RFC 117- 65 werribee

I'm not disappointed. It was a very clinical performance. We'll be on top of reserves ladder with a healthy percentage advantage.

tigerlove said:
I'm not disappointed. It was a very clinical performance. We'll be on top of reserves ladder with a healthy percentage advantage.

I think this plays part of just resting a bit. Get a huge lead, you can tank a quarter.

TigerForce said:
I think this plays part of just resting a bit. Get a huge lead, you can tank a quarter.

If I was Werribee coach I'd be asking where was the same intensity for the other 3 quarters. The Tigers dominated with pressure.

tigerlove said:
If I was Werribee coach I'd be asking where was the same intensity for the other 3 quarters. The Tigers dominated with pressure.

You can get away with this in the VFL. A bit disappointing for fans, but better for the long run. 38 point margin is still good %. 4 pts are 4 pts.

RFC 118- werribee 80

Really disappointing last quarter.

6-6 to 1-3

Complete domination in the air all over the ground by Werribee in last quarter.

38 pts after a complete domination for 3 Quarters.

Markov injured. Quad.

Not sure what to take from a game like that, think all the big fellas showed ‘signs’ in some way, Stengle showed his class as a small forward. Though Naish didn’t do a great deal, liked enough of what he did. To me a lot of those Werribee players looked like Park footballers so I’d hav3 like to have seen better from some of our AFL listed players , mainly Bolton, Markov and Ellis.

Nomorewaiting said:
RFC 118- werribee 80

Really disappointing last quarter.

6-6 to 1-3

Complete domination in the air all over the ground by Werribee in last quarter.

38 pts after a complete domination for 3 Quarters.

Markov injured. Quad.

Now where whinging after a 7 goal win.
I remember the days a 3 goal loss was ok

zippadeee said:
Now where whinging after a 7 goal win.
I remember the days a 3 goal loss was ok
i

Bloody easily pleased brightsder.

Happy with winning Zips but I'm still entitled to comment on as I see it.

A win is a win but having the opposition down and out you would have like to really put the foot down and punish the opposition.

When the same occurs in the seniors I still would say the same as was the case when we stopped against the Hawks. % could play a part in positions on the ladder.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Yes

Chol no good beneath the knees. Consistently fumbled loose balls.

Don't disagree a little bit fumbley today but disagree generally, for his size Cholly is quite good at ground level. Were at the game live and that ground was as hard as a cats head the ball was pinging off the ground and hard to control don't know if it looked that way on TV?

Nomorewaiting said:

A win is a win but having the opposition down and out you would have like to really put the foot down and punish the opposition.

When the same occurs in the seniors I still would say the same as was the case when we stopped against the Hawks. % could play a part in positions on the ladder.

Sweet....
Juat enjoy the wins..

caesar said:
Don't disagree a little bit fumbley today but disagree generally, for his size Cholly is quite good at ground level. Were at the game live and that ground was as hard as a cats head the ball was pinging off the ground and hard to control don't know if it looked that way on TV?

The fumbles i'm thinking of, the ball wasn't pinging but maybe it was an off day for him. For one thing, that's the most I've seen him stay involved in the game so there are good signs.

I also thought Menadue gave us heaps of dash. Great game. Markov quiet throughout so the quad must have been troubling him for some time. I'd love to see them both put in good games at the same time.

Moore had a "nearly" game. Lots of involvement but didn't quite finish off. I would have preferred to see him take Towner's spot this week.

And I liked how much Soldo followed up at ground level, trying to follow in Nank's footsteps. Didn't panic when tackled, even did a fend off. Great signs.

And Garp is unlucky to have arrived at the club when the Holy Trinity are at their peak powers and injury-free.

Why does Soldo look at his opponent at every contest. Play the ball on its merits. Ivan used to do that and it was quiet annoying. He has the size so there's no need.

andrewzog said:
Why does Soldo look at his opponent at every contest. Play the ball on its merits. Ivan used to do that and it was quiet annoying. He has the size so there's no need.

I reckon it would be so he knows where and who he is.

Nomorewaiting said:

Entitled to your opinion for sure but you didn't comment once during the three quarters we belted them just the last quarter when clearly we took the foot off the peddle.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
The fumbles i'm thinking of, the ball wasn't pinging but maybe it was an off day for him. For one thing, that's the most I've seen him stay involved in the game so there are good signs.

I also thought Menadue gave us heaps of dash. Great game. Markov quiet throughout so the quad must have been troubling him for some time. I'd love to see them both put in good games at the same time.

Moore had a "nearly" game. Lots of involvement but didn't quite finish off. I would have preferred to see him take Towner's spot this week.

And I liked how much Soldo followed up at ground level, trying to follow in Nank's footsteps. Didn't panic when tackled, even did a fend off. Great signs.

And Garp is unlucky to have arrived at the club when the Holy Trinity are at their peak powers and injury-free.

I agree on Menadue thought had a great game and 2 cracking marks.

Stengle was very very good also.

Funny your comments on Moore, I went to the game with Taztiger4 & TOO and at half time were using the exact same terms, a "nearly" game. Thought it came together more in the 2nd half , especially 3rd quarter.