Round 4 - Werribee v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 4 - Werribee v Richmond

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
andrewzog said:
Why does Soldo look at his opponent at every contest. Play the ball on its merits. Ivan used to do that and it was quiet annoying. He has the size so there's no need.

Why does Soldo chest mark every time?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
taztiger4 said:
He doesn't ? seen him take numerous OH marks in the hands
Besides his basic footy nous improvement, I think his overhead marking is his biggest improvement.

They seem to go a bit unheralded, however the VFL listed players over the past couple of years have been beauties and all as hard as a cats head, exactly what you want playing with light framed AFL youngsters learning there trade. Credit to the recruiting team

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
taztiger4 said:
He doesn't ? seen him take numerous OH marks in the hands
I barely see it. He had a few chances in attack yesterday but as usual just lets the ball go to ground to do the 1%ers.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Goal Kickers: B. Grewar 3, T. Stengle 3, M. Chol 3, S. Lloyd 2, C. Coleman-Jones 2, T. Silvestro, B. Wood, C. Moore, C. Ellis
Best Players: C. Menadue, T. Stengle, T. Silvestro, B. Wood, S. Morris, R. Garthwaite

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
They seem to go a bit unheralded, however the VFL listed players over the past couple of years have been beauties and all as hard as a cats head, exactly what you want playing with light framed AFL youngsters learning there trade. Credit to the recruiting team
Good call, plenty of big bodies: Ballard, Beasley, Wood, the new ranga. Aarts is small but a terrier, ditto Silvestro.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hope menadue can work his way into the team. He and short would be great off half backs. Stengle is a good player hope he gets his chance and garth would be playing firsts if we didn't have such guns there already

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With Grigg and Houli hitting their 30s, who have we lined up to replace them ? They need to get decent game time this year

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Baloo said:
With Grigg and Houli hitting their 30s, who have we lined up to replace them ? They need to get decent game time this year

If you're going down the age track you have to throw in Reiwoldt and Edwards.

You don't drop players who are doing their job just to give someone else game time. We are good enough in our VFL program now, (they are playing the mirror image of our 1sts), that they can slot in without too much disruption.

What you wouldn't want is the 4 mentioned below to exit the game at the same time and that won't happen.

If Houli went down tomorrow BEllis would be back and in a years time Balta may be ready to go., (Unfortunately i am losing a bit of faith with Oleg)
Grigg I would go Menadue
Reiwoldt would be the problem but not if we get Lynch ;D
Edwards you could throw Rioli or Higgins midfield and Stengle or Shai forward.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
caesar said:

You don't drop players who are doing their job just to give someone else game time. We are good enough in our VFL program now, (they are playing the mirror image of our 1sts), that they can slot in without too much disruption.

What you wouldn't want is the 4 mentioned below to exit the game at the same time and that won't happen.

If Houli went down tomorrow BEllis would be back and in a years time Balta may be ready to go., (Unfortunately i am losing a bit of faith with Oleg)
Grigg I would go Menadue

Gotta throw in Rance, too. Big doubt on whether he takes another contract after next year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
caesar said:

Grigg I would go Menadue

Lynch and Stengle are already in place :)

But i point out Grigg & Houli because their game involves a lot of running. They are reaching the age when soft tissue injuries will start to creep in, no matter how good our fitness guys are.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Sounds funny to say considering we have the best midfield going around, however it’s the one area I think we have to add to at this years draft, genuine on ball midfielders that is.