Round 8: the Epiphany Cross Dive games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 8: the Epiphany Cross Dive games.

Must be serious hard on the mental health BBgun. After putting up with years of crap footy there's finally a bright shiny future right in front of ya n just as the finals n flags drum starts pumpin ya up, there's a Moggies n Colonwood tearing down all your fancy shiny happy bits.
Erghh, I can get emotional in the moment which has been nice to rediscover in the past year (I previously thought I'd lost passion forever) but I'm soon quick to remember how inconsequential losing a footy match is - especially one I have no control over.

I've had far worse things happen to me in life worth worrying about, which have been 'serious hard' on the mental and physical health. Footy isn't one of them, but that realisation only comes with the experiences that shape us and the meaning to be found in those struggles.

I've said it before - anyone who bases their well-being around how their AFL team fares on a weekly basis needs to re-evaluate their priorities in life.

We see with some teams who win flags (especially Collingwood last year) - some supporters make that achievement their entire personality and their big 'flex' in life, when really, they didn't actually achieve anything themselves. It's strange. And sad. In this case, has it made them better people? No. In fact, in some cases, it's quite the opposite.

I know footy is a big emotional investment - and I'm clearly invested - but the key is to separate yourself, the person, from a reality you cannot control - good or bad.

Reactions: 3 users
Cats ways have a flog in long sleeves and a few with hair bands

Reactions: 1 user
GoDeez shooting both of their own feet off in the last 15 minutes there.

Panicked football no composure.

Shithouse conversion.

That last 16 minutes could cost them the match.

I cannot stand that flog Stewart, he gets umpired differently.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m way more anxious about this game than is healthy for a neutral. Jeez Geelong annoy me.

Our 2019 team would thrash both Melbourne and Geelong.
Sooo many mistakes and they don't get punished.
We would feed off turn over.

I know footy is a big emotional investment - and I'm clearly invested - but the key is to separate yourself, the person, from a reality you cannot control - good or bad.

Unless you were Steve Hocking and could change the rules.

Good advice.

• Haha
They were lining up down Swanston street to get him ?

Somebody get Watson off air.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Van Rooyen is sooo slow. Tractoer like.

Stuffed up two golden chances in the 2nd for 2 goals but his robotic movement led him to muff it up