Rucking Hell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rucking Hell

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Wasn't he eligible for cat B rookie? If he's any good and performs in the VFL he'll be on the open market and taken by Essendon

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The ruck division is looking better now. I saw some pics of Biggy on Insta and he definitely looks to have put on some size. At 197 he’s small for the ruck, but could do a bit of it in the backline.

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I think we have a dilemma.
Well, there's a bloke called Grundy who could make a difference, same price tag as Taranto, probably cheaper in terms of draft picks. That's the direction I would take, can completely transform the midfield this draft & still get a young gun midfielder through the doors.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Well, there's a bloke called Grundy who could make a difference, same price tag as Taranto, probably cheaper in terms of draft picks. That's the direction I would take, can completely transform the midfield this draft & still get a young gun midfielder through the doors.
Your not getting Grundy for free.
Collingwood will be paying 0 if he leaves

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was wondering that too....

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Nank & Miller(fwd,def)?
Nank & Soldo?
Nank & Ryan (fwd)?
Nank, Soldo & Miller (def)?
Nank, Soldo & Ryan (fwd)?
Nank, Soldo, Miller (def) & Ryan (fwd)?

Well we've established Nank is playing.
Dilemmas..

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nank & Soldo were a great combo before Soldo went down with a knee. It may come down to the opposition #2 ruckman as to who we play. Miller and Samson at the moment aren't ready for long stints in the ruck but could handle themselves if the oppo #2 was a part timer.

Dunno.

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
I reckon this is where the sub rule comes in.

If we're playing a team like Melbourne who field a couple of genuine rucks, then Soldo and Nank are in, with a Miller-type as the sub so we have an option to switch things up if required.

If we play a team with full time/part time ruck combo, or a team of midgets, then we go Nank'n'Miller-type, with Soldo as sub in case it's the day Nank turns in his annual shocker.

Simples.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
All I know is you cant have both Nank and Soldo in the same team. One at least has to have the ability to push forward and be threatening. Unfortunately they both cant do that.

Reactions: 7 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I reckon this is where the sub rule comes in.

If we're playing a team like Melbourne who field a couple of genuine rucks, then Soldo and Nank are in, with a Miller-type as the sub so we have an option to switch things up if required.

If we play a team with full time/part time ruck combo, or a team of midgets, then we go Nank'n'Miller-type, with Soldo as sub in case it's the day Nank turns in his annual shocker.

Simples.

Nah. The sub will always be a runner. Or should be.

Reactions: 8 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
All I know is you cant have both Nank and Soldo in the same team. One at least has to have the ability to push forward and be threatening. Unfortunately they both cant do that.

Alas, this is true

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
If Jack is done. Ryan in to replace Jack.

That way we are far more flexible. Nank. Ryan Miller. Miller can play back or forward. Ryan can play forward. Play 2 with one on the bench.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

Another for the can't list for me is we can't play Dustin, Cotchin and Cumberland in the one forward line.

If we are going to play Dustin mostly forward then Cotchin either has to go back in the midfield or Kane Cornes was right, he's not in our best side.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Another for the can't list for me is we can't play Dustin, Cotchin and Cumberland in the one forward line.

If we are going to play Dustin mostly forward then Cotchin either has to go back in the midfield or Kane Cornes was right, he's not in our best side.
The Cotchin call is correct. No coincidence when he moved into the midfield last Saturday that our performance improved.

This is not a knock on Cotchin but more that he still has a major influence on how we play in the midfield. It then made us more mobile up front.

Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

We can't afford to sacrifice not just the season but the young careers of Cumberland, Clarke, Sonsie, Campbell - we need to keep playing them as much as possible.

So far we know Cumberland can kick goals, Clarke looks like he's having a pretty good pre-season, thought he was one of the better players Saturday arvo. And Campbell kicked 10 last year in a game man :oops: I want to see what he can do when he is fit, he kicked two last week from memory and looks a natural small forward.

The pipeline dream of Cotchin kicking 25 goals is just that, a pipeline dream. He's never kicked one goal a game in a season so why are we expecting 25 now. He was never a goalkicking mid who could go forward like a Matthews, KB, Dusty, a De Goey who could or have done that later in their careers.

I luv the Cotch, but come on man, let's be serious. Mid, interchange or thanks for the memories.

Reactions: 2 users