Russia Invades Ukraine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Russia Invades Ukraine

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No where to hide these days !!

So it's all good for Putinontheritz to use kabooms that he buys from Iran n Lil Kimmie to clobber the crap out of the Ukies, but it's not fair when the Ukies get some kabooms from the Poms n Septics.
Maybe if the Lemon Russkies had stayed home instead of invading and continually trying to take back over the countries that had succeeded from the old Russian empire, they wouldn't be having the problems they are now.
Another mob of big bullies happy to regularly kick *smile* out of their smaller neighbours now sniveling because one of their victims decided to stand up n kick back.

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
So. Russia launches over 150 missiles in an unprovoked attack on Ukraine.

Next day, Ukraine retaliates by bombarding a Russian city.

This makes the russkies go running to the UN demanding that it condemns Ukraine for this attack. Unf…ing believable.

Then the russkies launch another missile attack

Someone needs to take that murderous coward putin and his cronies out

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Putin about to try Nato out over Finland . If he does WW3 will be on the cards this will involve Australia as mother England will be drawn into it.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Alexei Navalny RIP. We all knew it was inevitable, but that doesn't make it any less shocking, maybe even makes it more shocking. Was he brave or stupid to return to Russia and a prison cell and almost certain death? Both? One of the most brave examples of standing on your convictions in history.

Hopefully it triggers international pressure and opposition within Russia. Won't be expecting it, Navalny isn't the first political opponent murdered by Putin, but we can hope.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Alexei Navalny RIP. We all knew it was inevitable, but that doesn't make it any less shocking, maybe even makes it more shocking. Was he brave or stupid to return to Russia and a prison cell and almost certain death? Both? One of the most brave examples of standing on your convictions in history.

Hopefully it triggers international pressure and opposition within Russia. Won't be expecting it, Navalny isn't the first political opponent murdered by Putin, but we can hope.
Sanctions and such from the West have done bugger all against Putin’s regime. He just has closer ties to China, North Korea and Iran.

I think it needs to happen from within.
Hopefully Navalny’s murder becomes one of many sparks to start the push to topple Putin

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

As Willo said, Russia can handle the sanctions. I think I read recently that Russia is the 11th biggest economy on Earth, so sanctions are not so effective. I recently read an article about how sanctions are basically a tactic best used against a weak country, which Russia isn't.

It has to come from within Russia, which is damned hard given the control Putin has over the country. Very difficult situation.

Navalny showed what happens when you challenge Putin, and that will put a lot of people off. Hope his death actually does trigger some response but I doubt it.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Fearless man, what a hero. Rarely felt so sad for the death of someone I did not know.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
As Willo said, Russia can handle the sanctions. I think I read recently that Russia is the 11th biggest economy on Earth, so sanctions are not so effective. I recently read an article about how sanctions are basically a tactic best used against a weak country, which Russia isn't.

It has to come from within Russia, which is damned hard given the control Putin has over the country. Very difficult situation.

Navalny showed what happens when you challenge Putin, and that will put a lot of people off. Hope his death actually does trigger some response but I doubt it.

DS
News footage showing Putins “iron fist” coming down hard on people demonstrating over Navalny’s murder. To be expected.
I just hope the movement against Putin grows. It will take a ton of courage.

More publicity and (western) tv coverage showing the courage of the protesters and demonstrations against Putin should be the aim.
Hopefully a more concerted and organised publicity movement against Putin will encourage more and more people to follow suit.

There must already be an upsurge of public opinion against Putin’s disastrous foray into Ukraine. The thousands of deaths and injured soldiers returning home would sway of lot of the populace against Putin. Well so you’d think.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Unfortunately the Russian population seem to like being oppressed by a strong man leader - there won't be regime change there, even if Putin drops dead he'll be replaced by someone similar, at least in the medium term.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Unfortunately the Russian population seem to like being oppressed by a strong man leader - there won't be regime change there, even if Putin drops dead he'll be replaced by someone similar, at least in the medium term.
Seems historical for them. In their hundreds of years of history they’ve been ruled by Czars and Czarinas, then communist dictators followed by a very brief flirtation with democratic freedom before Putin rolled up

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sad but true.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Russa has arrested a Russian born ballerina who is also a US citizen for donating $51.00 to the Ukraine. First charge hooliganism for swearing out side a cinema. Great place to live. Nothing changed their since the Bolsheviks took power in 1917. China the same & its is wise never to get into bed with them.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003