Russia Invades Ukraine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Russia Invades Ukraine

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yeah - after the war started there was a flood of young professionals and creatives who took the first flight to anywhere just to get out of the shithole.

If anyone wonders why Ukranian resistance has been so resolute it's because they want a functional democracy with an open economy. Russia offers only the opposite of that.
What is a creative?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
why Do the yanks let them in?
A lot of the time they don’t. But like the Mexicans, they don’t have the resources and time to deport them.

Eg. When Snuppers and I were there in January we had this old Russian guy taxi us from JFK to the city. I asked him how long he’d been in America and he said 40 years and he proudly boasted how he wasn’t a citizen and never would be. His wife was, and he said it would be near impossible for the US to deport him.

He also bragged about how devious and criminal Russians were and that if there was a scam in NYC you could guarantee that Russian crime gangs were behind it. He told us about this taxi scam a bunch of them were up to at JFK whereby they were paying off JFK attendants and using software to let their Russian owned cabs get to the front of the taxi que.

3 days later there was a headline news story in NYC how the cops had smashed a Russian crime syndicate’s JFK taxi scam !

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This is pretty huge news with regards to Russia. In every armed conflict that Russia have had recently that Putin has fronted, Wagner has been front and centre fighting for him, whether that was Ukraine (twice), Georgia or in Syria. I thought Wagners statement was interesting in that they didn't technically blame Putin, only that Putin has been lied to (trying to keep Putin on side) but Putin has now put his line in the sand in that he doesn't side with Wagner, but thats a pretty huge well armed and well trained militia that now doesn't side with him.

Wagner have always had a lot of public support in Russia and they have let the cat out of the bag around the origins of this Ukraine war, and how the Kremlin have lied to the people. It was strategic why they let that out, has Putin not sided with them (which he hasn't) then if something happens to Wagner, then this statement around why the war began gains more credence, as Putin likes to shut people up that embarass him.

Interesting how far this goes, and does this now distract the Russian military within Ukraine? Do they need some troops to fall back from their fortified positions to take ground within Russia and if so how will Ukraine deal with that weakness.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
A lot of the time they don’t. But like the Mexicans, they don’t have the resources and time to deport them.

Eg. When Snuppers and I were there in January we had this old Russian guy taxi us from JFK to the city. I asked him how long he’d been in America and he said 40 years and he proudly boasted how he wasn’t a citizen and never would be. His wife was, and he said it would be near impossible for the US to deport him.

He also bragged about how devious and criminal Russians were and that if there was a scam in NYC you could guarantee that Russian crime gangs were behind it. He told us about this taxi scam a bunch of them were up to at JFK whereby they were paying off JFK attendants and using software to let their Russian owned cabs get to the front of the taxi que.

3 days later there was a headline news story in NYC how the cops had smashed a Russian crime syndicate’s JFK taxi scam !
If they can jump the queue of NY taxis then no doubt they could rig the election

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So Wagner have pulled back, power move to get more influence? who knows with the Crazy Ivans

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was listening to the Monocle podcast on Friday and one of the guests stated that over 1,000,000 million people had fled Russia.
Not sure there's a million million people in the whole world at the moment, let alone Russia K3. Might need to tone down the hype n exaggeration just a little, some of the punters here on PRE get a bit edgy if ya go over the top a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Got me kinda curious about one thing. Old mate Priggy has spent a fair bit of time bitchin n rantin at Moscow about not having enough kabooms to beat up on the Ukeys properly, yet now he's turned around and picked a full on blue with HQ.
Wonder if Priggy's been secretly stock piling a good handful of his kabooms so that he can jam them fair up Putinontheritz's clacker.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Not sure there's a million million people in the whole world at the moment, let alone Russia K3. Might need to tone down the hype n exaggeration just a little, some of the punters here on PRE get a bit edgy if ya go over the top a bit.
He’s been told a million times not to exaggerate

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
So Wagner have pulled back, power move to get more influence? who knows with the Crazy Ivans
could be but I’m not sure about that. His main beef this time is that the Russian military deliberately targeted and bombed his troops. A few weeks ago, I saw a report that his troops captured and tortured a confession out of a Russian commander that he ordered his men to lay mines and also to attack Wagner troops.
It’s interesting. Putin got his mate prig to get his mercenaries to become cannon fodder early on, then Wagner got bigger. Putin relied on him because he didn’t have a big enough Russian military. Then Wagner needed to recruit prisoners to boost their numbers. Seems Wagner is bigger than the Russian army in size. The Russian army would be better equipped in regards to material and heavy artillery. Prig also complained in recent times that the Russian military was holding back arms and munitions to his troops. If that the case then he would need to source that from elsewhere if his perceived coup is to materialise.
Either way, while those two are at each other’s throats, it should give Ukraine a breather from the atrocities inflicted on them and allow their military to regroup and replan

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Read an article in the British press that those from Wagner who participated over the last few days will be allowed to go to Belarus and those who didn't will be transferred to the Russian army. The feeling from this is that Putin is now the leader who let someone get away with an attempted coup and that he cannot survive this, it is now just a matter of time.
The offer of safe haven in Belarus is the first step in that country moving away from Putin and aligning with whichever power brokers will replace him. Wagner will then move back into Russia.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Read an article in the British press that those from Wagner who participated over the last few days will be allowed to go to Belarus and those who didn't will be transferred to the Russian army. The feeling from this is that Putin is now the leader who let someone get away with an attempted coup and that he cannot survive this, it is now just a matter of time.
The offer of safe haven in Belarus is the first step in that country moving away from Putin and aligning with whichever power brokers will replace him. Wagner will then move back into Russia.

Probably a bit of both. Some in Russia will see this as weakness from Putin. On the other side, no-one stood with Prigozhin.

However, I think what it tells the people is a lot bigger. Firstly Prigozhin has let the cat out of the bag that the reason they were told their sons, brothers, fathers were to die was a false narrative, there was never any threat from Ukraine, and the other thing it tells them, is the only significant military force of Russias remaining in Russia is protecting Moscow. Wagner managed to take a military city of 1m people (no small city) without even firing a shot. Enough of an impact to get senior people in the Russian hierarchy to fly there to talk with him. They didn't sent Shoigu and Gerasimov I suspect in fear that he would execute them. That they then got within 200km of Moscow, again seemingly under next to no military opposition, tells the people that if someone did happen to invade Russia, well you guys are all *smile* and we'll bunker down in Moscow but to the rest of you, you are on your own. They weren't even sending Russian forces to intercept Wagner, they were sending Chezhens apparently to engage them.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Remember Rostov is where the military headquarters for the Ukraine offensive is along with nuke launch control and there was no resistance.

Reports that Putin flew to St Petersburg during the crisis - he's no Zelensky.

I'm reading that Putin has six months left at max... the factions will be manuvering for power already.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Remember Rostov is where the military headquarters for the Ukraine offensive is along with nuke launch control and there was no resistance.

Reports that Putin flew to St Petersburg during the crisis - he's no Zelensky.

I'm reading that Putin has six months left at max... the factions will be manuvering for power already.
Might as well escape to Argentina....

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

I'll tone it down for...

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users