Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Long long way to go unfortunately. Bad decision by Yze to play him especially seeing his pre season form was ordinary
Yze was happy to expose a few yesterday?? Big picture? Mojo stood up a few didn’t

Reactions: 2 users
Watching Hipwood Thursday night I thought Ryan is built like him - but the hunger is different. Hipwood bashed and crashed, flew and grabbed a few. I don’t think it’s body shape per se but more attitude and belief. The kid can run. He is athletic he just needs reinforcement from all he can do it and belong. That and perhaps stepping up the contact work at training.

He's been with the club, what, 3 years?

It is time he started to show he can play at AFL level. Don't expect Samson to be world beater just yet, but if he isn't even competitive after a few pre-seasons then he is highly unlikely to be of AFL standard.

Time to get on your bike Samson and fulfil your potential, the time is now.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
i was surprised Ryan started in the centre square vs. Witts in the second quarter. And then i think he was in there for the next 2 centre bounces post goals? So the first 3 goals the Suns kicked in the 2nd was Ryan vs. Witts? Not sure- as wont watch the replay of the second Q. I felt OOze may have been trying to learn something about Ryan by keeping him in there when Witts was feeding the Suns mids and they were winning each clearance; instead of getting Naismith in there to at least 50/50 the clean centre breaks... ?

He's been with the club, what, 3 years?

It is time he started to show he can play at AFL level. Don't expect Samson to be world beater just yet, but if he isn't even competitive after a few pre-seasons then he is highly unlikely to be of AFL standard.

Time to get on your bike Samson and fulfil your potential, the time is now.

DS
Spot on. So disappointing to see the lack of improvement - especially in his marking. I can’t see him making it unfortunately.

Sorry but this is ridiculous, I don't get how someone can be a tigers supporter and not understand that the change in culture *away* from the toxic BS you're saying we should go back too, is the difference between us in 2016 & 2017.
I was waiting for this sort of response. Nice not to be let down.

I never mentioned anything about returning to the Tigers of 2016 - a tired argument and one you have used before.

But change is inevitable - even you would admit to that but not to go backwards as you imply.

There are some fundamentals in football that don’t change - much. Hard bodies that develop quickly (it doesn’t require years), hardness and genuine competitiveness on the track and an absolute hatred for losing.

Most of the new generation of recruits lack those qualities making it tough for any coach.

Let’s see what sort of recruits are selected by the Tigers at the end of this season under the watchful eye of the new coach.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I was waiting for this sort of response. Nice not to be let down.

I never mentioned anything about returning to the Tigers of 2016 - a tired argument and one you have used before.

But change is inevitable - even you would admit to that but not to go backwards as you imply.

There are some fundamentals in football that don’t change - much. Hard bodies that develop quickly (it doesn’t require years), hardness and genuine competitiveness on the track and an absolute hatred for losing.

Most of the new generation of recruits lack those qualities making it tough for any coach.

Let’s see what sort of recruits are selected by the Tigers at the end of this season under the watchful eye of the new coach.
The only connection between this & your previous post is an implication that standards drop when you try to create a positive culture, so obviously 2016/2017 is relevant because it proves that that's nonsense. The rest of what you've said are basic facts unrelated to the boomer culture war BS you were dribbling out before and so obvious that I don't know what you're trying to prove, well, unless you're still trying to make the implication that a positive culture reduces standards which I've already made clear is nonsense

Reactions: 2 users
The only connection between this & your previous post is an implication that standards drop when you try to create a positive culture, so obviously 2016/2017 is relevant because it proves that that's nonsense. The rest of what you've said are basic facts unrelated to the boomer culture war BS you were dribbling out before and so obvious that I don't know what you're trying to prove, well, unless you're still trying to make the implication that a positive culture reduces standards which I've already made clear is nonsense
You do like the sound of your own convoluted voice don’t you.

Quite simply the Tigers have been recruiting mediocrity over the last few years to accommodate Hardwick’s misguided belief of one last hooray at winning a premiership. He left the sinking ship.

I believe the Tigers have fielded broken, physically weak sides for two years now and the culture you spout about is clearly not working anymore; the onfield results speak for themselves.

Embrace another change because it’s needed.

Reactions: 1 users
You do like the sound of your own convoluted voice don’t you.
At least we've got something in common!

Being real tho, I agree with everything in this most recent comment & if that was what you'd led with instead of the "inclusive, holistic approach to training, and even recruiting. Please put all that bullshite back in its box" nonsense then I wouldn't have had anything to say.

Reactions: 1 user
At least we've got something in common!

Being real tho, I agree with everything in this most recent comment & if that was what you'd led with instead of the "inclusive, holistic approach to training, and even recruiting. Please put all that bullshite back in its box" nonsense then I wouldn't have had anything to say.
I will call it as I see it - we evolved into a side of midgets (recruiting), that carry many injuries (many are chronic preventing our best to be on the ground at any one time), that often loses games in a similar manner.

Professional, well paid sports people are not children and should be kicked up the arse occasionally - and there should be a few arses kicked after that lazy, timid first half last Saturday.

The Tigers need to find their edge very soon. As for Samson - let him go asap.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems he doesn’t have killer instinct and he must will himself to be competitive It doesn’t come natural to him