Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Needs to eat pasta on tap and smash the weights 3 hours a day.
That's not the issue.
Him putting on weight and increase strength won't help.
He is a clone of Dean Putt, Elton & McBean, Every 200cm Toffee we have drafted in the last 20 yrs.

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
A sell-off by share-holders comparable to 1987's Wall Street Black Monday crash has seen the price forecast as such:

Working Stock Market GIF by Adult Swim

In lieu of this, the stock announcement by business owners Spooky Days Inc has been released:

"Despite a recent downturn, rumours of insolvency of Samson Pty Ltd are a false media narrative driven by the emotive PuntRoadEnd investment platform. We still strongly believe the long-term price will recover once core values start being met.

As such, following the recent downturn, we believe this presents as an excellent investment opportunity for those looking to get in on the floor."

We encourage anyone interested to contact our Personal Assistant at [email protected]"
1000019985.gif

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He was very good in the practice match yesterday, soundly beat Pittonet who is an AFL ruck.
The interesting thing is that he took quite a few marks and positioned himself well behind the ball a number of times. It is funny that he can do that at a vfl level but seems to have hard hands at a senior level.
I have two theories about him but neither may be true !!
1. He is first and foremost going to be a ruck not a forward
2. The more work he is asked to do in a game the better he plays. If you remember back to last year his best patch of form was when he was our first ruck back up by Miller.
I’m still very hopeful about him

Reactions: 8 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
He was very good in the practice match yesterday, soundly beat Pittonet who is an AFL ruck.
The interesting thing is that he took quite a few marks and positioned himself well behind the ball a number of times. It is funny that he can do that at a vfl level but seems to have hard hands at a senior level.
I have two theories about him but neither may be true !!
1. He is first and foremost going to be a ruck not a forward
2. The more work he is asked to do in a game the better he plays. If you remember back to last year his best patch of form was when he was our first ruck back up by Miller.
I’m still very hopeful about him
3. He lacks the confidence to produce the marking ability he demonstrates at vfl level over to afl level

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
3. He lacks the confidence to produce the marking ability he demonstrates at vfl level over to afl level
I think the defenders play smarter on him. Struggles with body contact. Core strength? I dunno but I just seems to get knocked out of position easily.
Also they know if they spoil the mark he's basically useless at ground level.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I watched him closely at PRO yesterday.

Ran well. Marked well. Beat a big bodied opponent. Still dropped his head.

He certainly plays best as first ruck. But we can't afford to play him at first ruck.

Conundrum.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Is it his haircut that makes it look like he drops his head? I dunno, I’m grasping at straws here.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think the defenders play smarter on him. Struggles with body contact. Core strength? I dunno but I just seems to get knocked out of position easily.
Also they know if they spoil the mark he's basically useless at ground level.
Disagree on the ground ball bit. he is inconsistent, and looks a bit unco, but some of ground work is pretty good for a 208cm giraffe.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Samson Ryan (13 disposals, seven marks, two inside-50s, one goal)

"I thought Samson fought his backside off. It was a great test for him up against an experienced ruckman in Pittonet. He was able to hit the scoreboard late."

It's faint praise. 13 touches is not enough even on the experienced ruck. 7 grabs is better. Near the mark, so to speak. 1 goal. Meh. Better than none.

OTOH it's very good that after being dropped Ryan threw himself at the game. He looks like a boob but he's not. (Cf Pittonet's game.)

OTO it's incremental from here. Working up to say 12 marks and 20 touches against the better rucks at the level.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I know Pilates is big at footy clubs, but people can bludge and not get the results they should be getting by not holding their trans-abdominal in the correct position. I'm not saying thats the case with Sampson Ryan, but i strongly suspect it was the case with Tyrone Vickery.

I don't know why clubs dont get multiple sets of parallel bars and forza rings. It's hard to bludge when doing holds on those, and you end up with a ripped core, and extremely strong support muscles which leads to far less injury risk. I tried to get others doing this sort of training in my younger days, and most people hate it, but it you can learn to love it geesh it can anchor you to the ground to deliver power in whatever sport you re involved in. It's no use having big muscles if you can't anchor your frame to the ground.

As a general note, i'm still really bullish on this kid. He's still very young for a ruckman. Considering the durabiility issues with Nank, and possibly Naismith, i suspect he will get a fair look at the ruck role at senior level this year, so time will tell.

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
That is a complicated gif, toothless. I'm still drilling down on it.

They are a confectionery masterpiece. Can’t buy them in Australia. Although I think one or two import shops might.
This seems to be the lesson of the bizarre Crowley gif. I'll be needing one of these masterpieces. 3Musketeers, eh. Sounds like the ideal football snack.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
They are a confectionery masterpiece. Can’t buy them in Australia. Although I think one or two import shops might.
https://sunshineconfectionery.com.au/products/3-musketeers