Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Samson turns 24 years old this year. Despite being a developing tall, he's no longer a kid. Time to see what he's got.

Or -

He just turned 23 - 3 months ago. Is 206cm and was a cricketer before turning his hand to footy in under 17's. Hence not getting drafted until 20.

Every story is different and Samson is still comparitively a pup in both physical and developmental terms.

By all means play him. But there is huge growth left for the big man.

Interesting who they go with. Shame the VFL have a bye as Samson taking over number 1 role (if Naismith goes up) at that level is exactly what he needs ATM.

Reactions: 13 users
Or -

He just turned 23 - 3 months ago. Is 206cm and was a cricketer before turning his hand to footy in under 17's. Hence not getting drafted until 20.

Every story is different and Samson is still comparitively a pup in both physical and developmental terms.

By all means play him. But there is huge growth left for the big man.

Interesting who they go with. Shame the VFL have a bye as Samson taking over number 1 role (if Naismith goes up) at that level is exactly what he needs ATM.
Good post.
There is time for him no doubt & I’m not expecting a finished product. However it’s not unreasonable to expect improvement at this stage especially after what he showed last season. Excuses sound like..excuses tbh.

As we have seen with Miller they just need to put him in the position he’s best suited to & play him. It’s up to Sam to keep improving & take his opportunities if he’s to stay on our list & earn a new & improved contract.

Obviously I hope he does.

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure about another 3 years tbh but his only chance is to drastically increase his size and strength and make it as a forward. Thought he could be a decent ruck but is just too soft to body against the big guys.
I still don't think he is anywhere near ready for the big boys but I thought Campbell had showed nothing before being selected. Hopefully this post has the same effect on Samson

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully this post has the same effect on Samson
shocked sesame street GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Those suggesting this bloke come into the side have no idea. uninjured forwards.

Fixed that for you.

Now, it is up to Samson, needs to work on not getting shifted out of contests or working out what works for him. This should be an opportunity for him.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Aah, but do we have any fit tall forwards, hell, even any fit tall footballers, hiding under the rugs?

Samson has played as a forward, and we ain't got many options at the moment.

DS
I think Kosi and Lefau will do the job better and if Naismith comes in Nank can go down there for a rest. Ryan doesn’t do it for me. To weak mentally and physically.

Just give him a black of games now, time to take the kid gloves off. We aren’t contending this season.

Reactions: 2 users
I was surprised Kosi got the call up after Ryan’s VFL form.

I think he needs to play in the seniors to develop, he never gets a competitive match-up in the 2s. This is the season to get those games into him.

Reactions: 5 users
Agree give him a block of games as that forward ruck role. His the future not kosi.

Reactions: 1 user