Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watched the second half and I thought Ryan competed really well against a seasoned Werribee backline.

Certainly deserves a call up but the Gawn led Dees would be a tough one to come back into.
Wrap him in cotton wool & bubble wrap for the next ten days, to be sure he's fit for Anzac Eve.
Don't want him crossing any roads or cutting vegetables, just in case.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Watched the second half and I thought Ryan competed really well against a seasoned Werribee backline.

Certainly deserves a call up but the Gawn led Dees would be a tough one to come back into.
He is the next Gawn.
Time to unleash the beast

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Let Nanks worry about Gawn. Need the tall timber forward to give Nanks a rest when Gawn goes off. It's time.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

He won’t come in to replace Nank.

It’s to replace Kosi.

Reactions: 6 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
One further thing I would say is Essendon did a good job last night demonstrating how a team can effectively play two ruckman. Clearly the ruck resting forward was under instruction just to compete and not get out marked. Both did it well. We could learn from this in Lynch’s absence.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The big fella seems to be having a purple patch at VFL level. I'd be interested in him taking Kosi's spot - if Kosi can't at least be competitive against two decent key talls for West Coast.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Well, it's an easy swap for Kosi.

We can't possibly keep Kosi in the side after tomorrow's performance.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Ryan has to start taking marks though, what is the problem? Is it technique, nerves, anyone got a diagnosis?

DS
Technique, lack of arm strength and confidence. The first two can be achieved via hard work & the latter comes after the first two.

I’ve watched a few VFL games this year (not today though) and haven’t noticed anything different to last year. Anyway, if he gets a go at AFL level, that’s how he’ll be measured.