Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Kosi would want to play well tomorrow if he wants to keep his spot
Why can’t we have another tall in without dropping anyone ?

Last week when Kosi went into the ruck to give Nank a rest all we had up forward was Lafau , need to add another tall option so we always have 2 up there

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Kosi would want to play well tomorrow if he wants to keep his spot
They should've picked him against WC, confidence builder but playing him against Gawn won't help build his confidence.
Marks are fantastic but he needs to show more fight and desperation. If he does his usual, with half hearted attempts to mark and more importantly pressure the opposition,
I want him gone at years end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
7 goals in 2 games we're wasting our time putting games in Kosie rather see this kid in a block of games no brainer.

Reactions: 7 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
7 goals in 2 games we're wasting our time putting games in Kosie rather see this kid in a block of games no brainer.
Why not play both ?

We can’t when Kosi is playing backup ruck have just Lefau playing the loan tall forward especially when contested marking doesn’t seem to be his strength

Need 2 key forwards at all times

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ok, but a lot of talk here earlier about how he drops marks. Does he look like he is fixing the issue?

DS
It’s not a complete fix. But we need to remember he is still a colt in terms of his development. He is 206cm and still has plenty of growth to go.

But right now he is in form and needs to come into the team.

Reactions: 5 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Ok, but a lot of talk here earlier about how he drops marks. Does he look like he is fixing the issue?

DS
His marking and body work (both in the ruck and around the ground) was way better yesterday. And yes I was there on the boundary and saw it very close up at times. He actually initiated body contact at times to win contests. Some thing that has not been a strength to date.

I know Lachie is the captain but Cray is working very hard at the leadership piece as well.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
His marking and body work (both in the ruck and around the ground) was way better yesterday. And yes I was there on the boundary and saw it very close up at times. He actually initiated body contact at times to win contests. Some thing that has not been a strength to date.

I know Lachie is the captain but Cray is working very hard at the leadership piece as well.

Well that sounds like a good sign. He should be in the senior given the way Kosi is going, but would that help or hinder his development?

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hoping Samsung gets a look at a bunch of senior games soon. Desperately in need of someone to provide something in the forward arc and a ruck chop out as the secondary role.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Without Tom we need a tall marking forward and a relief ruck to at least compete or bring the ball to ground for the crummers. Kosi is not the answer although he didn't do too bad as 2nd ruck but Delilah has to prove himself to the MC and then prove himself to us at aFL level. I hope he does but I still need convincing

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
13 touches. 7 marks. 4 goals. Sure, against dwarves but it's an improvement.

Samson was working higher on the weekend. And was banging them form range. (He's always been able to do that.) But he did catch a couple near goal. He was much better than the week earlier, when he double grabbed a couple and was not comfortable. Looked a bit stronger in position but is not there yet.

HIs discipline is good. Very good. He goes again. Works for position. And again. Coaches love this *smile* because it works.

20 touches. 10 marks. 6 goals. And again. That's what we'd like to see.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Didn’t think it would happen so quickly but it looks very much like Ryan to come in to replace Koschitzke for the Melbourne game.
If Kos is selected after last week then it is the match Cttee saying we don’t care how little you care and how little u give. Your in.
ANZAC! Just can’t do it. Just can’t.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
and 2 or 3 *smile*-out-of shakings
Samson is so busy internally shitting himself off that he has lost his main strength - his IQ. Shakings aint his caper, brother. And he's a ruck. Who is responding to the challenge of learning to play football.

Must be not as the mighty oak but as the willow on the wind. And use the ball. I think he'll get there.

A ruck "would not bruise a grape", said Tommy Hafey.

Dante Visentini looks good. Toby Conway is a benchmark. He and Samson had a good duel last year. Got square. Neither of them is worth four bob forward, not to say Dante won't be.

Forwards are footballers, not rucks. It's a big challenge for Samson to learn the game.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
The great one has gone back to VFL level and performed. Building into the year nicely.

Won't be an AFL forward long term, will be a ruck. But ready for a crack at level.