Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Those goals are ok. Nothing all that special about them.
That said deserves another shot at snr level absolutely ahead of Kosi who's useless.
Here's hoping he can offer something.
Kosi is a kid that you call 'useless.
But I'm pretty sure Samson is the one that never touches the ball.
I think we have reached the desperation stage now, where we ask Samson to get a game.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ryan deserves another game, he has kicked 7 goals from his last 2 VFL games, Koschitzke has kicked 1 goal from the 2 VFL games that he has played this season.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ryan's wins his fair share of hit outs, with a lot of them to advantage and is a lot more accurate shot at goal than Kosi.
Need better convincing.

randall park hm GIF by The Orchard Films

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Having watched Samson online in the VFL recently and from what others have reported he seems to have been clunking his marks better in recent times. I am sure he is working on it and it’s hopefully a confidence thing.
He is in an interesting position because he would be seen as our future ruck but is probably number 3 in the ruck pecking order.
If he plays I would like to see him ruck a bit but Nank isn’t really effective when forward.
We probably need to play him deep forward.
I’m still buying Ryan stock.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think people are being harsh on Samson. I thought he showed a fair bit last year, but ran out of puff. I will be happy to see him back in the team. Season's cooked and it is now about games in kids and draft picks.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think people are being harsh on Samson. I thought he showed a fair bit last year, but ran out of puff. I will be happy to see him back in the team. Season's cooked and it is now about games in kids and draft picks.
Don't worry, he only needs one good game to be labelled a superstar on here. Of course if he plays a poor one after that he will be hopeless again.

• Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Seems the club wasn't altogether convinced by Samson's performance to earn another call up but I think this is the right call given Gawn's dominance over us in recent years.
I also think May & Lever would cover Samson pretty easily in the forward line. Despite the goals at VFL level in recent weeks, he's not mobile or strong enough to play as a key forward at AFL level IMHO.
It's a wake up call for Ryan & Kosi that the veteran two pronged ruck duo has been preferred as a forward option.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I just checked the Thomson Dow index…. SMSR shares down a further 13% overnight to $0.52c!

Sell sell sell!!!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The 2027 contract extension that was floated, it’s not offical is it?
As you always say, Scooper, the club never gets it wrong.

I'm okay with the coach persecuting Samson. He needs to learn that life is not fair, especially for big guys, especially in the Australian Fixed League.

"But Coach, Lil Dicky Naicos gets to run around evading contact, notching up 1-2s, using his neat skills. I got neat skills, why do I gotta stand under the high ball?"

"Because you can. And so you must. Because someone has to, but few can. You can. You must. Stand tall, hands eight feet above the turf. Don't crumple. Knee in the ribs? It happens. Stand there again. Knee in the kidney, in the back of the head? Stand tall?"

"I did! Didn't you see me?!"

"I saw you do it three times."

"How many times do I have to do it?"

Every time."

[One week later]

"Hey Coach, did you see me?! Standing tall?"

"How many times?"

"Like, six?"

""You had 10 opportunities to do it."

"... "

"Do it 10 times."

"Life's not fair. Lil Dicky Naicos-"

"Lil Dicky Naicos will win Brownlows and media adulation and All Supercoach Points jackets. And will always be looking over his shoulder wondering if his 5'2 soapie starlet girlfriend is off *smile*.ing some big stud like you. You don't get to run around untouched racking up 35 a week. You get to stand in the hole and *smile* Lil Dicky's girlfriend. Life's not fair. Take the hit. Take the mark. You'll get the frees once the dumps see you doing it everytime. Once they see you don't crumple without cause. And you'll get Lil Dicky's girl. Or you could be the big man you can be and marry a 6ft model. Leave the short soapie starlets to the midgets."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
spot
Seems the club wasn't altogether convinced by Samson's performance to earn another call up but I think this is the right call given Gawn's dominance over us in recent years.
I also think May & Lever would cover Samson pretty easily in the forward line. Despite the goals at VFL level in recent weeks, he's not mobile or strong enough to play as a key forward at AFL level IMHO.
It's a wake up call for Ryan & Kosi that the veteran two pronged ruck duo has been preferred as a forward option.
on. for Richmond to have a chance in winning, we can't afford to lose around the ground and centre rucks. Samson will come good, but for this game, Naismith is the better option. Go Tigers

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Not sure that is applicable to everyone is my concern. A few getting picked from vfl with zero form. 7 goals in 2 vfl games for Ryan good enough or not you reward form. He should have been in. On the flip side how many senior players have been below par for long time and keep getting games we're is the consistency.

Reactions: 1 user