Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Swans report- Joel Amartey also had a big influence with 18 disposals, six tackles and four clearances

and presume you mean big Brock McLean, not mcandrew
Amartey kicked three, IIRC, td. The ruck contests were mainly against McAndrew then Amarttey/Sinclair. Amartey getting on top late.

Our man was good. As a ruck at May 2022 he's better than CJ or Mabior. But I guess we could've predicted that.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Amartey kicked three, IIRC, td. The ruck contests were mainly against McAndrew then Amarttey/Sinclair. Amartey getting on top late.

Our man was good. As a ruck at May 2022 he's better than CJ or Mabior. But I guess we could've predicted that.
Tracking well.... for 2024.
We gotta know our limitations

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Sinclair is at worst fringe AFL, imo, td. Our man had the better of him. A good test. Ryan is tracking way ahead of plan imo.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Sinclair is at worst fringe AFL, imo, td. Our man had the better of him. A good test. Ryan is tracking way ahead of plan imo.
Sinclair has gone backwards at a fast rate of knots. And is a good match up for our man - a mobile big not a solid lump of rock.

Saying Ryan needs core strength is lowballing the price of freezers to the Eskimos. We know he needs time
But is he catching up fast?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Fwiw I like to see big men wait and develop their craft in the 2s. It helps them learn sneaky tricks and how to be mean

• Wow

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
How well is this guy tracking. Miles ahead of schedule.

Might take a year or three, but one day it's all gunna click for him - Then watch out after that!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Finally saw what the recruiters saw in him. Hope the upwards trajectory continues.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Big step forward. Pressing for Soldo's spot.
He has Soldo’s spot based on tonight. Soldo has been putrid. Has zero judgment in the air.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Surely we give Miller a go given he has been doing better in the VFL.

DS

Depends who we are replacing. If Balta as a ruck / forward then its not Miller. Miller if Tarrant doesn't get up. For Balta as ruck / forward you either go back to Soldo, or give Ryan a crack. I'd personally like to see Ryan being given a go

• Love

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Depends who we are replacing. If Balta as a ruck / forward then its not Miller. Miller if Tarrant doesn't get up. For Balta as ruck / forward you either go back to Soldo, or give Ryan a crack. I'd personally like to see Ryan being given a go
yep, it is surely either Ryan or Soldo- big game for Samson on Sunday.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If there is anyone who can come close to replacing Balta its Ryan.

Has far more tools in the kit than Soldo especially when resting up forward.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Been in good form taking marks now and good below his knees .VFL team asking alot of him rucking and playing forward only thing is still pencil thin.