Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm still in the less likely than more likely camp on this bloke.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is showing some genuine improvement, has clunked some good marks the last couple of weeks.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Played great game in the ruck developing very well and holds his ground in contests
10D 3M 5T 34HO 3Is50
7FF 0FA Umps :love: Child

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Going forward Im starting to think that Ryan maybe a much better combo with Nank then Soldo . No doubt he still needs another pre season or 2 under his belt , however I think he is becoming a genuine Ruck/fwd , be interesting if we can keep both , Soldo Could possibly help land an A grade mid

Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
developing nicely. 2 years on limited VFL football (as it did for many you kids) haled his development. Tracking along nicely, opportunity to play game 2 will come along soon (I was about to say debut, but we will all forget game 1)

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
developing nicely. 2 years on limited VFL football (as it did for many you kids) haled his development. Tracking along nicely, opportunity to play game 2 will come along soon (I was about to say debut, but we will all forget game 1)
Let's give the kid a second debut.

Present the jumper, call the folks, fabricated tear rolling down the cheek...

And an apology from dimma for selecting him on a horrible night for his now discarded debut.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Let's give the kid a second debut.

Present the jumper, call the folks, fabricated tear rolling down the cheek...

And an apology from dimma for selecting him on a horrible night for his now discarded debut.
I think everybody including Dimma realised he was selected for the firsts too early so credit to the lad, he has knuckled down to training and learning the ropes. Not sure he is quite ready for AFL but this just an opinion as I have only managed to stream a couple of VFL games but in 2023, if I accept the reports of his progress, I hope to see him regularly in the firsts

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I've been weighing this up. Rhys Stanley slaughtered Nank and Soldo at the fall last week. Rhys FFS Stanley.

Nank was lactic or is gone. And Soldo is knee.

We've got to play Ryan soon. Probably now.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
He doesn’t look physically ready to me.
Needs to put on more muscle to help him cope with a very physical role - whether that be ruck or forward.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
On his VFL form should have been in the AFL side last 2 weeks instead of Soldo. Another MC *smile*

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Samson Ryan & Balta will most likely be the ruck duo next week.
Well Balta better get his skates on and start training with the main group, ideally I think they were targeting the Fremantle game and not concerning themselves with the walkover North Melbourne, unfortunately now nothing can be deemed a walkover.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Well Balta better get his skates on and start training with the main group, ideally I think they were targeting the Fremantle game and not concerning themselves with the walkover North Melbourne, unfortunately now nothing can be deemed a walkover.
They might want to rethink that strategy.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Is he up to rucking on his own for an entire game. Because he'll need to.

Good luck!!