Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Will play the forward / ruck role on Sunday with Soldo the number 1 ruck. Audition for his 2nd game next Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ryan was licensed to play as he wanted against the suburban rucks last week. He did a lot of very good stuff. But it was a bit disruptive of our usual clearance systems because Ryan was clearing it. When he tapped they were sharking it.

Everything was a bit skewiff.

He was pushed back behind the ball and stood tall.

It looked very like it was all about developing Samson Ryan. Fair enough. Morris said it was his best game. Got big numbers. Soldo dumped. Ryan would have kicked two from the chances Soldo got against Port. But he may not have held position the way Soldo did when he went behind the ball.

I think MrP might be right about this audition. FWIW I think we want to find out if he can be a surprise weapon from here.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Thus guy can be a star. It will all click one day and he'll arrive.

That time ain't quite yet though - let's keep building him at VFL level.

Also - he's a ruckman/forward. Not a forward/ruck ILHO.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
This bloke can play. That was obvious from day one. The next step was growing into his frame and owning his space. We're starting to see it. Has a nice bit of sh!t in him too.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This bloke can play. That was obvious from day one. The next step was growing into his frame and owning his space. We're starting to see it. Has a nice bit of sh!t in him too.
Does he come in for Balta?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
On todays performance who would you pick?
Soldo. Some of his hits to advantage were sublime, and he kicked 2 goals. Ryan can continue to build in the VFL. He's not far away though, we might even want to give Nank a rest at some point and play both of them.

Reactions: 4 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Spot on Spook, since day 1 Samson is FILTHY if he gets outmarked, gives away a free, loses a tap, etc. He just wants to win.

Sometimes you can't teach that competitive drive.

I'll back him in to continue improving, but doubt it will be at AFL level this season.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Soldo. Some of his hits to advantage were sublime, and he kicked 2 goals. Ryan can continue to build in the VFL. He's not far away though, we might even want to give Nank a rest at some point and play both of them.
Against Norf.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Has a nice bit of sh!t in him too.
Watching the ressies game today, the Coburg ruck came at him with the stops out in a centre bounce contest. Few minutes later Delilah returned the favour. No squawk or remonstrate when it was done to him, no fuss or bother when he did it back. Just a simple we can both play like that statement.

Reactions: 5 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I still don't see 'it' as far as S.Ryan is concerned. But what I do remember seeing is the horror of that night he debuted v St Kilda. as the guy said when the Hindenburg crashed......"the humanity".

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
progressing - young ruck. A full year of VFL will very good for him (as for many others). Many rucks dont come into their own till 24-25yo.... Worst outcome he looks for other opportunities elsewhere just before realizing his full potential.