Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Here's hoping Samson/Sampilands or whatever name you choose call him actually plays some good footy this year.
We sure need him to if Soldo heads elsewhere as mooted. His continued progress if pretty important for our list needs.

Reactions: 1 user
Samson went 0 disposals, 1 hit out, 1 free against in his first game.

Jonathan Brown went 0 disposals, 1 tackle, 1 free for, 1 free against in his first game.
Then his 3rd game he went 1 kick, 1 hit out.
Then his 5th game he went 1 handball, 1 free for, 1 free against.
Three shockers in his first 5 games.
Games 6, 7 & 8 also where very bad.

Then turned out to be a pretty good player :eyes
Still think it was a crazy game to debut him in the rain. He was injured early on and on one leg in the second half (55% game time). A game to forget. I'm looking forward to seeing him get some game time this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Leave Leysy alone! All of you! just leave him alone!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
One thing that struck me the most from the arden St hittout, Ryan is filling out well. Looked like a different player, combined with the haircut, in a very good way. Now has the prototype mobile big man build, and looked comfortable at the level. Liked what I saw.

Reactions: 12 users
Was a terrible day for talls with the wind.
Didnt really think that Jack did a lot on the day.
I thought Sampson did ok and kicked a couple of smart goals on the day and moved around well.

I think he is tracking ok and will get some games this year

Reactions: 1 user
identifying talent is one thing but the way our club backs it’s selections with patience and a nurturing hand is second to none. Frustrating at times when it’s applied to ‘the wrong’ (i would use aarts as an example) player but allows for a dark horse like Sampson to flourish without pressure.

I'm not, any chance of getting a game?.
Or is he a another Scotty Homewood or Griffens or Ty Else or Matthew Francis .
I hate waiting I want stars now not tomorrow
He progressed well in the VFL playing multiple good games in the ruck and forward. He is still on an upward trajectory.

If he stalls this year its another discussion.

Reactions: 1 users