Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
SAMSON.

SAMSON_AND_LION_HIGH_REZ_a9ovnb.jpg

He already has a great name evoking masculine power and strength. It can't be improved upon, especially not by comparing him to Lurch.

There's not even a 'p' in his name. Philistines.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm with spook. Why would you dumb his name down, and to something that makes no sense.
What can we expect from a man who wants us to call him 'Lazy Days', when Brian Leys pronounces his name 'Lees'?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
What can we expect from a man who wants us to call him 'Lazy Days', when Brian Leys pronounces his name 'Lees'?
I've always read his name as Leazy Day, and assumed he missed the first "S" when he created his profile. Your take probably makes more sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can't wait for Samson's 2nd game of seniors footy. It can only be better than his first so his trajectory is a massive Up

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Still the best no touch 1 game player the AFL has seen.
Samson went 0 disposals, 1 hit out, 1 free against in his first game.

Jonathan Brown went 0 disposals, 1 tackle, 1 free for, 1 free against in his first game.
Then his 3rd game he went 1 kick, 1 hit out.
Then his 5th game he went 1 handball, 1 free for, 1 free against.
Three shockers in his first 5 games.
Games 6, 7 & 8 also where very bad.

Then turned out to be a pretty good player :eyes

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Samson went 0 disposals, 1 hit out, 1 free against in his first game.

Jonathan Brown went 0 disposals, 1 tackle, 1 free for, 1 free against in his first game.
Then his 3rd game he went 1 kick, 1 hit out.
Then his 5th game he went 1 handball, 1 free for, 1 free against.
Three shockers in his first 5 games.
Games 6, 7 & 8 also where very bad.

Then turned out to be a pretty good player :eyes
Yeah watched his early games, thought what a lumbering spud.

Started as a midfielder, which exacerbated the whole show.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Yeah watched his early games, thought what a lumbering spud.
Yep he wasn't looking the part there, definitely didn't have much or any pace, but had lots of good help with that team, especially the blokes delivering the ball (y)

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
You know you’re stinking it up when you get a free kick and still can’t manage a disposal.
Fresh air shot?
Probably got screwed by the advantage rule, cant remember, he got injured though also didn't he copped a corkie or something?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Can't wait for Samson's 2nd game of seniors footy. It can only be better than his first so his trajectory is a massive Up
That first game of his was far too early for his age and skill set but since then, according to reports, he has been improving out of sight so could be about ready for the firsts especially if Soldo goes. Going to be very interesting

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That first game of his was far too early for his age and skill set but since then, according to reports, he has been improving out of sight so could be about ready for the firsts especially if Soldo goes. Going to be very interesting
Yep the lad has the tools and showed some very good signs this year in the VFL.

He might become a very good player when he fills out and gets the body strength up and the belief.

The lad is certainly a prospect.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I dunno if any PREnders saw TDK play ruck for Carlton this year but he was a disaster. Matchloser.

Young ruck with plenty of promise but there was nowhere to hide him when it really mattered.

TDK has a great leap, somewhat cymballic hands, and *smile* all idea of football.

AT VFA level Ivan Soldo on one knee, one wrist and one shoulder, gave TDK the mother of all hidings late in 2022. Soldo freshly dropped.

There was a marking contest late in the season, pack forming inside wing, TDK looking to slide in from the side, SDK just out of position but orthodox behind the ball. TDK would have got clean hands to the ball (and spilled it) but SDK, assured and mature, got involved and couldn't quite hold it.

The Blues had to play TDK. But he is very immature.

TDK has much bigger raps on him than Samson Ryan but we don't know yet how things will work out. What we do know is that Ryan has to play in 2023. We, the fans, know it. And we, RFC, know it.

Must play in 2023. Will he be a matchloser? We've got cover for him. But he does have a lot to learn. And is classes above VFA level. By the by, Samson rucks against Soldo at training. And our ruck coaches know how far off they are.

Some students may think that TDK is a better prospect than Ryan. I don't. Some may think that Soldo is a better prospect. I think the worst Ryan can do is match him. And that he's likely to surpass our premiership hero onfield in the next year or so.

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I dunno if any PREnders saw TDK play ruck for Carlton this year but he was a disaster. Matchloser.

Young ruck with plenty of promise but there was nowhere to hide him when it really mattered.

TDK has a great leap, somewhat cymballic hands, and *smile* all idea of football.

AT VFA level Ivan Soldo on one knee, one wrist and one shoulder, gave TDK the mother of all hidings late in 2022. Soldo freshly dropped.

There was a marking contest late in the season, pack forming inside wing, TDK looking to slide in from the side, SDK just out of position but orthodox behind the ball. TDK would have got clean hands to the ball (and spilled it) but SDK, assured and mature, got involved and couldn't quite hold it.

The Blues had to play TDK. But he is very immature.

TDK has much bigger raps on him than Samson Ryan but we don't know yet how things will work out. What we do know is that Ryan has to play in 2023. We, the fans, know it. And we, RFC, know it.

Must play in 2023. Will he be a matchloser? We've got cover for him. But he does have a lot to learn. And is classes above VFA level. By the by, Samson rucks against Soldo at training. And our ruck coaches know how far off they are.

Some students may think that TDK is a better prospect than Ryan. I don't. Some may think that Soldo is a better prospect. I think the worst Ryan can do is match him. And that he's likely to surpass our premiership hero onfield in the next year or so.
Carlton believe TDK does amazing things to their system. :cool:

He's a well superior athalete but Samson will *smile* on him for big man.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I cannot believe sh!t is Christ *smile* ing censored.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They all larfed when Daisy initially nicknamed Kane, Lablett too.

Sampilands will catch fire.
He basically stole that from Jack, who called him the Ablett of the VFL and dubbed him Kane Lambert, Jr. Leasey just modified it.

That was a compliment. Downgrading from SAMSON!!! to Lurch is not.