Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It'd be funny if Samsung turned into a better player than the King twins.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Don’t worry about this kid. Will play plenty of senior football.

Reactions: 2 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Ryan & Bauer going to look good in the seniors next year

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Looks like the VFL guys have no idea how to close a game out.

Why the leaders weren't screaming at Bauer to just take his 30 on that shot I have no idea

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Great finish to the game by Juddy. Not only the goal, but the defensive work too after that.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
2023 Moz Judwa and Shai as the 3 smalls. Right now on paper it looks AFL best going forward.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looks like the VFL guys have no idea how to close a game out.

Why the leaders weren't screaming at Bauer to just take his 30 on that shot I have no idea
Seniors not real sharp at it either, especially after the Freo Balta disaster.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Morris on R22 -

Samson Ryan (11 disposals, five marks, two clearances)

"Didn't have a huge impact on the game and he missed out on a few free kicks in front of goals, but he's had an outstanding season and has made huge gains in his game. His aerial work has improved out of sight and I think he's going to flourish into a really good ruck/forward option for us moving forward."

Young Ryan cannot guarantee to hold his position in marking duels at this stage even at VFA level. Must hold position, guaranteed. He'll be working on that. He's not a natural in this respect. (Boards like a guard.)

What he can do is win ground ball and use by hand with aplomb. He's a clearance ruck in the making. Holding position is crucial there too but he's physically stronger at ground level.

FWIW in R22 Soldo rucked and Ryan played forward. Ryan is far too big for VFA players in the ruck. But not too big for VFA backs yet. Forward is where he needs most work.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Yeah improved alot this year kid has plenty of upside his marking is getting better.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He'll get a chance next preseason. At 22yo. They don't come on quickly in the main.

Well, who will replace Nankervis? Nobody in 2023.

Ryan will take time.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He'll get a chance next preseason. At 22yo. They don't come on quickly in the main.

Well, who will replace Nankervis? Nobody in 2023.

Ryan will take time.
Soldo.

A preseason is enough for him.

Miller looks viable too. I'd like to see what he can do as first ruck, with time to experiment.

And Ryan can build.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Soldo.

A preseason is enough for him.

Miller looks viable too. I'd like to see what he can do as first ruck, with time to experiment.

And Ryan can build.
I hope Little Ivvy comes up, CT. I'm by no means a h8r. I think RFC will let things unfold early 2023.

Nank will get an armchair ride in the main. His injury/confidence? We'll get that right.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Will young Samsung get fast tracked a bit if Ivan moves on?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Will young Samsung get fast tracked a bit if Ivan moves on?
Will be interesting.
If Ryan plays in the seniors, Mate Colina will then have to be number one ruckman in the magoos and our only key power forward.
I’ll be shorting their stock

• Haha