Season 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2022

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nothing to report.
Said the fixture is still being worked on and a few weeks away.
I do like the idea of a GF replay on the Friday night though.
Thanks Disco. Fixture should be due in next 2 weeks I think. IMO, we should get rid of the Blooze R1 game.

Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I didnt include all the copy, just a few paragraphs that mention Richmond.

The Age - Sam McClure

Carlton and Richmond will again open the men’s season next year, in front of what the AFL hopes will be a near capacity crowd at the MCG.

And in what could be the perfect one-two punch, Melbourne have asked league officials for their rematch with grand final opponents the Western Bulldogs to be played one day later.

Although the season opener has been one-way traffic for some time (Richmond have won every game since 2013), the AFL sees no reason to change what it believes has been a winning formula in terms of crowd and broadcasting numbers.

The Blues also have arguably the strongest list since their rebuild began and have another new coach in Michael Voss.

Sources at the AFL said the early rounds of the 2022 fixture were still being worked through.
Melbourne will also play in other marquee games early in the season, including the Queen’s Birthday clash with Collingwood and the Anzac Day eve match against Richmond.

The Demons played the Bulldogs twice in the home-and-away season this year and both were behind closed doors. When they were finally able to play in front of a crowd in the grand final, it was away from Victoria at Perth’s Optus Stadium.

“We will work with the MCC to make it more than a game and try to make it a spectacle and help launch the first round, particularly the fact that it’s potentially for a Friday night,” Pert said.
“This is just what we’ve asked for; whether the AFL will schedule it is another thing.”

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Don't tell me these *smile* are going to continue releasing games in blocks.

The world is opening up. Let us plan our footy trips you AFL knobs

Reactions: 1 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Nat Edwards in her latest podcast with Damien Barrett on the AFL website, was outstanding with her understanding of Richmond, and our journey. Very impressed

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Don't tell me these *smile* are going to continue releasing games in blocks.

The world is opening up. Let us plan our footy trips you AFL knobs
Totally agree.

Like you Brisbane, we are not all based in Victoria.

Interstate travel requires planning!!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I have Foxtel. The only game I watch on 7 is the GF, and that’s because Fox aren’t allowed to show it live. I hate ads every time a goal is scored.

It’s a real bugbear that one - hate it too but you can get pretty good with flicking to another station as soon as the goal is scored and timing it to be back for the bounce.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
And Thursday night footy.

I always have trouble working out why they want to p1ss off the supporters.

DS

AFL couldnt give a fat rats ass about the fans.

The Korporates come first, they tell their Sock Puppet Gill and his clowns what they want and Gil gets it done.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I have Foxtel. The only game I watch on 7 is the GF, and that’s because Fox aren’t allowed to show it live. I hate ads every time a goal is scored.
The very reason they brought in 6-6-6 and the stand rule to increase scoring thus more goals equals more ads equals more $$$.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users