Season 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2022

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Who is in charge of our membership department these days? The website and customer service is a schemozzle.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I am going into next year thinking we can win the bloody thing. a long offseason break will greatly benefit us. Sure, there are issues we need to fix (forward line and centre clearances), and we need a bit of luck with injuries, but I am convinced we are good enough.

The biggest disappointment is that we failed to give ourselves the chance of a 3-peat in 2021 and win 4 out of 5… which would have been the greatest era since Melbourne of the 1950s. but winning in 2022 will still give us 4 flags in 6 years… and will still top the 4 flags in 7 years of the 1983-1989 Hawks.

Any sign of the fixture yet?

usually around october 31.

IMO, we should get rid of the Blooze R1 game.

I would strongly support a change to friday night R1. hate thursday nights with a passion.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I am going into next year thinking we can win the bloody thing. a long offseason break will greatly benefit us. Sure, there are issues we need to fix (forward line and centre clearances), and we need a bit of luck with injuries, but I am convinced we are good enough.

The biggest disappointment is that we failed to give ourselves the chance of a 3-peat in 2021 and win 4 out of 5… which would have been the greatest era since Melbourne of the 1950s. but winning in 2022 will still give us 4 flags in 6 years… and will still top the 4 flags in 7 years of the 1983-1989 Hawks.

usually around october 31.

I would strongly support a change to friday night R1. hate thursday nights with a passion.
I’m yet to meet anyone who does like Thursday night games, yet the AFL via their media mouthpieces keep telling us it’s what we ‘want’.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Personally, I've never known a season where our opposition has played the game of their season on the week they played us.

Seriously, how many teams played absolute blinders against us, even bottom teams before returning to the status quo the next week!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Personally, I've never known a season where our opposition has played the game of their season on the week they played us.

Seriously, how many teams played absolute blinders against us, even bottom teams before returning to the status quo the next week!
Certainly seemed that way

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Dragging their feet a bit now.

Maybe fixturing each round 2 weeks in advance could turn out to be a handy tool to allow more influence on the eventual season outcome?

i heard on radio it has been delayed by 2 weeks. But now that the WA issues have been rectified, I can’t see why it can’t be released now. They usually send us a couple of teasers before releasing the whole thing. The fact that they haven’t started doing this suggests they’re not yet close.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Dragging their feet a bit now.

Maybe fixturing each round 2 weeks in advance could turn out to be a handy tool to allow more influence on the eventual season outcome?
Noticed that the NRL have just released their fixture for 2022. And they finished their season a week after the AFL.

I guess expecting the AFL to have their act together is asking too much.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
i heard on radio it has been delayed by 2 weeks. But now that the WA issues have been rectified, I can’t see why it can’t be released now. They usually send us a couple of teasers before releasing the whole thing. The fact that they haven’t started doing this suggests they’re not yet close.
Someone mentioned it's going to be a floating fixture again. Don't like it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Noticed that the NRL have just released their fixture for 2022. And they finished their season a week after the AFL.

I guess expecting the AFL to have their act together is asking too much.
The NRL fixturing isn't quite as contrived as the AFL.

They have a few standout classic fixtures then play the top contenders and biggest sides in Prime slots.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Someone mentioned it's going to be a floating fixture again. Don't like it.

I think i heard the first 10-12 weeks will be set start times and the second half of the season floating. I can live with floating fixtures, as long as they give us 6 weeks preparation time. eg. The match times for round 13 should be made by no later than round 7.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

When you’re on top of the perch , naturally it takes some game to beat us. Melb now occupy that position

Reactions: 1 user

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Three things I want to see that I believe will improve our results in 2022
1. Big men like Balta, Soldo and Broad back from injury
2. New midfield options
3. big crowds at the MCG

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Even if they make it a floating fixture, they’ll still play Collingwood and Essendon Anzac Day no matter how good/bad the teams are to watch, same with us and the GoDees on Anzac Eve.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Even if they make it a floating fixture, they’ll still play Collingwood and Essendon Anzac Day no matter how good/bad the teams are to watch, same with us and the GoDees on Anzac Eve.
The AFL wouldnt be ideally stoked with Melbourne, the Dogs and Port being top 4as they wont draw the viewership that a successful Richmond or Collingwood, or few others would.

Someone ring Gill and tell him its in their best interest to have the Tigers on top again for the revenue!!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ch 7 says AFL 2022 fixture released next week with the 2nd half floating.

Comrade McGowan doesn't care about WC and Freo.