Season defining Tiges v Dogs - Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season defining Tiges v Dogs - Game Day Thread

Brilliant effort by Trent to take the ball off Bailey on the wing, setting up a crucial goal.
Yeah it was. I clapped. Just willed himself to the contest, as he usually does.
He may not do it as often, the body getting a bit older and worn, but crikey, he can still lift his teammates when it counts.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah it was. I clapped. Just willed himself to the contest, as he usually does.
He may not do it as often, the body getting a bit older and worn, but crikey, he can still lift his teammates when it counts.
That play by Trent was inspirational

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is the AFL hiding poor crowd numbers? I don't remember seeing it on the scoreboard, or hearing it on the commentary (radio and TV) and it's not listed in the AFL's match report.

It was a poor crowd.
The people are sending a message to the afl by staying away in droves. I won’t be attending any time soon to watch the new hybrid game or to attempt the new digital ticketing.

Reactions: 3 users
KOCHIES LOSE AT HOME - TICK

MAGGOTS LOSE AGAIN - TICK

TIGERS WIN - TICK TICK

The weekend is looking good , now just for the Goldies to turn over the Blues and the Drugs to get rolled by the Crowbaits and life is amazing again!!!

Am I asking for too much ?? :))
Here it is :mhihi

Let's add a 4th craigo.

BLOOZE LOSE AGAINST HUNS

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Cannot recall any handball and hope they find a team mate passes that plagued us last week. Maybe less pressure but we were certainly more composed with the ball.

Reactions: 1 user
The thing that has impressed me the most about last night was that our backline was made up of 3players who have only played 3 games for the Yellow & Black: Tarrant, Gibcus & Miller. I thought that each of them played really well considering the backline general (Grimes) and the backline colonel (Vlaustin) were not there. I understand it takes a bit of time to learn a team's system and those three showed much cohesion .

Reactions: 7 users
The people are sending a message to the afl by staying away in droves. I won’t be attending any time soon to watch the new hybrid game or to attempt the new digital ticketing.
A waste of time. The AFL have proven time and time again that they are tone deaf to what true footy supporters want. They’ll come up with some *smile* reason crowds are down and probably crap on about “ but tv ratings are up” so the state of the game is in great shape

• Angry
It was great to be back at the G, it’s been over 12 months and to get to sing the song was nice.

I thought the game was over at qtr time - we were outplayed from forward of centre - our defence had holes bigger than the Grand Canyon and looked as organised as an over 60‘s synchronised swimming team.

I reckon 80% of that qtr it felt like we were hanging on for dear life and the only good thing was there was a couple of times we were able to slice them open and kick goals.

But there is no better game than to do a team slowly and that’s what we did over the last 3 qtrs and by the end the doggies had no answers.

It was a fairly even team performance - I loved Nanks game in the ruck, that goal their ruck got from the centre clearance really fired Nank up - you could see the look in his eye, angry like a bull when English kicked it.

I was also really impressed with our young players, Hugo gave us energy early on, played really well and hard, so did Dow, great possession game and he is learning to hunt the ball, finally, after, what is it, 10 games :sneaky:, Millar was OK and Gibcus did some nice things but he did look a little lost at times.

Best game I have seen Lynch play for a long while and I reckon he is a 2 goal better player when Prestie play.

BOG was a toss between Prestia, Pickett, Lynch, Bolton and Broad while Rioli and Short were influential.

I must of admit though, after our recent fade outs, I was convinced the doggies would run us down in the last and was really surprised when we pulled away.

There was even a little crowd action between what looked like the doggies supporters behind the goal at the city end - just to sweeten the result.

Its amazing how watching a game like that live really gets you fired up - bring on the season I reckon and I would really love to see a couple more debutants in the first half of the season and then a smokie (Banks is my pick) to come in late in the season and …… you know…….like Graham in ‘17……….

Reactions: 3 users
Is the AFL hiding poor crowd numbers? I don't remember seeing it on the scoreboard, or hearing it on the commentary (radio and TV) and it's not listed in the AFL's match report.

It was a poor crowd.

In these covid hesitant times, the crowd was fine. Almost 44K, the biggest crowd of the round.

crowd.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
The crowd number was put up on the screen around a few minutes to go in the last
43,000 ? Wonder if they threw in a few thousand to boost numbers
Crowd looked nothing more than low 30s

Nah that was 100% around 44K, you only need to look at today's game, hawks v saints 31K to see what a crowd of 30K+ looks like to 40K+