Shai or Jack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shai or Jack

Shai or Jack

• Who’s MOTY

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Shai

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Jack

Votes: 70 60.3%

• Total voters

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Still Jack for mine for it's uniqueness. I don't think I've seen anyone run front on to a pack, leap, catch a ride on the front incoming pack and rotate 180 at the same time, then take the grab. It's ridiculous.

Shai's mark is a thing of beauty and will be in many AFL highlight reels for it's classic Aussie Rules high flying mark. It's near perfection in the art of high flying. But Jack's has that WTF factor that gets more ridiculous every time you watch it

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
So now in the last 4 and a bit years, we've had 3 premierships, a Brownlow, 3 NSM, 2 goals of the year, and now 2 marks of the year which are probably two of the best ever taken, in the last 3 weeks! What an era this is.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jack by the length of the flemington straight.
Jack could've injured himself and we needed a goal to steady

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Jacks was amazing and incredibly brave, but I went for Shais purely due to the incredible height he managed to get to.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Jack's is mark of the year. Anyone who has played the game knows how much courage it takes to run back with the flight of the ball when the pack is coming the other way.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Shai's was an absolute ripper & watching the game more exciting.

But Jack's was borderline crazy & as courageous as they come & at such a crucial part of the game gets the nod.

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
Jack by the length of the flemington straight.
Jack could've injured himself and we needed a goal to steady
Needing a goal or injuring himself is completely irrelevant. Shai. Best mark since Sean Smith

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Genuinely can't separate them.

Just when I'm convinced that one of them is better, I look at the other one and change my mind. And then change my mind again.

Can there be joint winners of mark of the year?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think in 20 years time we will still see images of Shai's mark.

Jack's mark possibly more skillful, and amazing how he timed his jump, pirouette and mark, but it is more made for GIF's than a still image.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Jack's backside is only level with 181cm George Castagna's head whereas Shai was standing on 198cm Mark Bilcavs head o_O

People have short memories.

Shai for me:
View attachment 12470
This mark is ridiculous. It's one of the biggest marks ever. There's those couple of massive Howe marks, Sampi, the Brett Burton v Carl,
Busustow.... It's bigger than any Modra or Ablett. It's freaking epic!

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Both all time great Marks in the Pantheon of VFL/AFL footy.

Doesn't matter what I pick as they will give it to some campaigner who takes an mediocre grab from another side.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Jack's backside is only level with 181cm George Castagna's head whereas Shai was standing on 198cm Mark Bilcavs head o_O

People have short memories.

Shai for me:
View attachment 12470
Yep Shai was ridiculously high. Jack's ridiculously freaky. Both very brave (try falling from the height Shai is at). Shai for me, just.