Shai or Jack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shai or Jack

Shai or Jack

• Who’s MOTY

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Shai

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Jack

Votes: 70 60.3%

• Total voters

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
If you're asking Dimma, it's Jack's by a long margin. If you're asking the person putting together the Channel 7 highlights reel, Shai for sure.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Titus gets it:

“Some say the greatest sights are in the Louvre, some say they are in nature, others argue in the celestial sphere above our heads. But I know the greatest sight humanity has ever witnessed, occurred on Sunday at Giants Stadium.“

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jonathon Brown was shitting himself knowing that Jack's mark will surpass his mark against Hawthorn.
Jack's mark 9.99/10
Shai's mark 9.88/10

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The old timer leading 53 -34 .

FWIW I think that’s Jack’s best ever , I won’t be surprised if that’s only a top 5 for Shai

I can’t split em , so bloody good in different ways , was just so bloody good to be there for Shai’s

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Voted Jack's.

Shai's was a great mark, got plenty of air and sat on the shoulders of a tall opponent. But for some reason, landing on your feet kinda lessens the spectacle for me. Also it was a 1 on 1 and not a pack situation like Jacks (6 in the pack). The crash landing of bodies falling to the ground everywhere makes it more spectacular (Disco's mark was a classic for this reason).

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I asked my Mrs who likely doesn't understand the difficulty of Jack's having not played the game but she said it's Shai's by a distance in terms of the spectacular. It's the one you'd pick to sell the game.

Regardless of who's is better how bloody good is it to see the high mark making a comeback?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
afl.com running jacks mark with 10 of the greatest of all time,

I scoffed at first, but it sits comfortably amongst them. Jezzas actually looks a bit meh these days - like a regulation jeremey howe.

I voted Goddards as the GOAT.

I'm big on context, and in a GF, scores level, 5 minutes to go.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
afl.com running jacks mark with 10 of the greatest of all time,

I scoffed at first, but it sits comfortably amongst them. Jezzas actually looks a bit meh these days - like a regulation jeremey howe.

I voted Goddards as the GOAT.

I'm big on context, and in a GF, scores level, 5 minutes to go.
If that's the criteria Ezy, Leo Barry is hard to go past.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
or kane Lamberts uncontested chest mark in the first quarter of 2017 pf
I don't remember that one.
Just for kicks here's a reminder of Barry's pack grab. Given the context of bravery & important moments, I thought it was incredible.

Attachments

• 8079c3c11044d623783965f4af8cc7cd.jpg
    8079c3c11044d623783965f4af8cc7cd.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
On 360 last night they pointed out that Nick’s mark didn’t win his year. Apparently it was one of Sampi’s. However, no one can remember the Sampi mark, but everyone remembers Nick’s. Mincey suggested it could the same with Jack and Shai. Shai’s could win, but everyone will remember Jack’s.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012

I reckon we need the judges who scored this dive to weigh in on this debate. They are highly criticle and clearly dont take in to account the moment. Seriously though, check out the scores this bloke gets after doing something that made me have an anxiety attack just watching it. Luckily his girlfriend had 15 cones before the dive to calm her nerves!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I've gone Jack. There's a thousand marks where someone has had an almighty leap.
Allison from North, Moore croft, Jezza, etc.
Running backwards towards the ball, looking over your shoulder. Very few marks like that, into a pack.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Looked at all those 10 great marks on the AFL site. And they are all great marks! That's my answer. I don't think they can be easily separated.

So I'm with those crediting them both as fantastic marks: Jack's the best for degree of difficulty and blind courage. Amazing effort and bravery for the team.

But Shai's best for sheer excitement and being more spectacular. Very different. It's all a matter of what you personally rate more important.

I'm not going to say one is better. Just absolutely rapt both these guys play for our club and are doing things like this. :clap1:clap1

Reactions: 1 user