Shane Tuck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Tuck

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
This is tragic.

He was a real salts of the earth sort of guy. Loved talking about the stocks, his dad's career and heavy weight title fighters, but mainly about the stock market.

Could have never picked this.

Just tragic

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Terrible news, loved tucky and also part of the PRE Tuck farce.

First thoughts are with family, I believe his hawks brother was doing it tough also.

Society needs to sort itself out, to many people suffering and being sad isn't enough, very flat!

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Very sad ,

As a player , jeez he put his body on the line for us when we were ordinary , week after week ,
and in some ways you admire that more than players doing it in the successful teams , it would be so easy to start thinking whats the point ? not him

Reactions: 5 users

Dash

Staff member
May 10, 2010
Incredibly sad news. An admired Tiger, respected by all true fans of the game. Such a shame that many of the club players and officials who knew Shane well and are interstate won't be attending his funeral. Deepest sympathy to his family and friends. RIP champ.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I remember watching Shane play at Coburg. Leaning against the grandstand wall, not far where from where Fay and Michael were also standing, the old man quietly having a beer as they followed his every move.
You could see that he was as hard as a cats head and would give his all, and he did. So sad, vale Tucky❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
that happened. Dimma said he might not play every week but was still needed at the club
Hence the great Tuck farce of early 2011. We were going rubbish and Tucky was burning it up in the Magoos but Dimma wouldn't play him. Then he eventually got a crack in a game against North and we won. Tucky played well and I reckon my first post after the game was:

No Tuck no Richmond! :mhihi

Anyway, Tucky was a legend. Loved him. RIP mate.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Absolutely tragic loss. Both clubs need to get around the family. The kids will be need some serious help.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Hope our current no. 21 Balta can have a huge game this Friday night to honour Tucky.

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
My fondest memory of Tuck was when we were up against the Dawks at the G, 10 years ago or so, and they were pantsing us and dishing out the physical at our youngsters quite a bit.

Tucky stepped into a sideline "maul" and with a few jumper punches and a sternum "heel palm" or two restored a bit of fairness to the equation and the game continued.

Was good to see a bit of physicality going the other way for one.

RIP Tucky!

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
One night I stumbled out of YOUNG AND Jacksons and wandered down Swanston St and spotted a young bloke taking a breather leaning up against a pole. Tucky it was and so I stopped for a chat. Turns out it was JDT night and he had placed high. Said that was thoroughly deserved exchanged the easy small talk two over refreshed blokes do before heading off our seperate ways into the night.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
This might seem a strange question right now but I have been reading a lot of articles about Tucky and was just wondering if he wore a hearing aid?

In a lot of the photos I have seen of him as a player over the last few days I have noticed he often had a large wad of sticking plaster in his ears.

If not a hearing aid, does anyone know why?

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Can’t believe it, what tragic news.
RIP Tucky. Condolences to family and friends.
So sad.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
This might seem a strange question right now but I have been reading a lot of articles about Tucky and was just wondering if he wore a hearing aid?

In a lot of the photos I have seen of him as a player over the last few days I have noticed he often had a large wad of sticking plaster in his ears.

If not a hearing aid, does anyone know why?

I think he might have the old cauliflower ear that caused some pain when hit. One club tried to dob us in to the AFL for being wired for sound, but the coached laughed it off saying it was just protective tape.