Shane Tuck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Tuck

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A replay of Tigers V Lions from 2008 on FoxFooty, Richo, Brown, Jack R, Chimp and Sheda, Lids and Tucky to name a few are playing.
Tucky playing his usual gutsy game, love ya Tucky.

Reactions: 7 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
A replay of Tigers V Lions from 2008 on FoxFooty, Richo, Brown, Jack R, Chimp and Sheda, Lids and Tucky to name a few are playing.
Tucky playing his usual gutsy game, love ya Tucky.
Is that the game Joel Bowden kicks a clutch goal to win it just before the siren sounds?

Bowden was my favourite player back then (along with Cogs). Supremely talented.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is that the game Joel Bowden kicks a clutch goal to win it just before the siren sounds?

I'd say so, he's been shifted forward has kicked 3 goals. It's been a great last quarter, 4 goals down at 3/4 time and now in front.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Yes you were spot on, Bowden got hit up by the another Territorian, Richard Tambling.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
If people haven't seen / can't remember this game, do yourself a favour and get a look at it.

At the game I thought time was out for us to get up when Sherman kicked the goal that put the Lions up by a couple.

The play that followed Kel Moore's excellent contested mark deep in defence then involved elite decision making and disposal from McMahon, Sugar Johnson, White, Tambling and Bowden to put us back in front was exhilarating. The expressions on people in the crowd are brilliant!

If you only have time to watch the last five minutes... enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
If people haven't seen / can't remember this game, do yourself a favour and get a look at it.

At the game I thought time was out for us to get up when Sherman kicked the goal that put the Lions up by a couple.

The play that followed Kel Moore's excellent contested mark deep in defence then involved elite decision making and disposal from McMahon, Sugar Johnson, White, Tambling and Bowden to put us back in front was exhilarating. The expressions on people in the crowd are brilliant!

Thanks 8, just watched it.
Couldn’t cope with a finish like that tonight.
Even then the Lions had the yips.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I wonder who Tambling was trying to kick it to then ? :))
Harsh! :p

Tambling was a very good football who struggled with the expectations of being a high draft pick.

I'd like to think history will judge him on the skill he had and not the massive expectations we placed upon him.

His hard running to receive then pin point the kick to Bowden at the end of this game was magnificent.

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Thanks N8. Kel Moore, Thursfield and Lukey McGuane!!! Great stuff. Campo putting on a heap of pressure. Joel bowden one of my favourite all-time players along with Richo. Loved a lot of guys in this team, and always felt sorry for poor Richard Tambling (our draft decisions not his blame).

But same umpiring - how about the non-deision to Richo with Lion opponent arms around his torso, back to the ball pushing front-on into him!!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Tambling was a very good football who struggled with the expectations of being a high draft pick.

I'd like to think history will judge him on the skill he had and not the massive expectations we placed upon him.

His hard running to receive then pin point the kick to Bowden at the end of this game was magnificent.

Yeah, at times he really showed his talent but couldn't maintain it. One wonders how much better he could have been if he'd come up through our current development environment.

We killed a lot of talent back in those days.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

His hard running to receive then pin point the kick to Bowden at the end of this game were magnificent.
It was said as a bit of a joke throughout his career , however I think been drafted before Buddy really effected him mentally, poor bloke kicks 4 in a qtr against the Eagles and Buddy comes out the next day and kicks 5 in a qtr . I think his reputation as a junior was hightented due to it been a very ordinary draft year. Handy 100 gamer is how I’d describe Richie

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Yes it was a great passage of play, and Bowden as cool as a cucumber, slotted it. Joel was a bit of a whipping boy to some, I don't know why, he was very good player.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Jaysus, thats got to be a worry for all AFL players let alone boxers and rugby players. As stated in the article it doesn't even seem to be related to outright concussions but sub concussive head blows.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Hopefully this pushes the AFL to be non-negotiable on head-knocks. How danger got off amazes me

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users