Sponsorship Announcement = GOOD NEWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sponsorship Announcement = GOOD NEWS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The first thing Eddie did was get rid of the coach and the recruiting manager, and replaced them with ruthless people who knew how to succeed.......

Ridley, your wisdom is being wasted on some.........the same people who sulk after losses and poor performances and yet think things are on the right track.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Harry said:
The first thing Eddie did was get rid of the coach and the recruiting manager, and replaced them with ruthless people who knew how to succeed.......

Actually the first thing Eddie did was honour the contract of the coach who was there when he got there depsite the calls from supporters and media saying he should sack the coach. ;)

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
It gets back to the old argument that if you sack a coach midway through the year, who is going to want to caoch us? Especially with our record....

Also, we may as well give that sponsorship money to Frawley and his merry men if we sack them all now.

Next year, I'll probably be hoping that he either goes or stays, depending on the year, but I would hope we get a new coach the right way.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yes BA, it did take McGuire 3 years to sort Collingwood out. However, he did have the foresight to sack a premiership captain and legend of the club because he was a crap coach. He did have the foresight to seek out and appoint the best available coach and recruiting manager, who then went about completely overhauling the list and turning a wooden spooner into a premiership contender in 3 years.

Need I remind you that the Casey regime has just completed its 4th season and we are in a WORSE position on the field than when it took over. Same crap coach, same crap recruiting manager, same crap players, plus some even more crap ones thrown in for good measure.

Miller may turn out to be the saviour you are all suggesting he will be. I hope so. Unfortunately 20 years of failure makes me a little sceptical about anything the RFC does these days, particularly with regard to football matters.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
BalmyArmy said:
Although the way most carry on here, it's like we've already failed.

Do you think most bit is fair comment Balmy?

To my way of looking at it there are a few people here who never post anything negative against the club. (Would have been interesting if they took part in the rating Richmond's season thread but they didn't. ;)) It amuses me a bit because there are positives and negatives in most things. To my way a forum should be to discuss both sides.

There are a few who hardly say anything good at all. They amuse me too. They aren't a large proportion of members but they have the knack of making themselves heard. As repetitive as a jackhammer. Headache material. ;D

To me most people here talk about things as they see them. There is no hiding the fact Richmonds onfield performance has been crap the last couple of years and that reflects in the posts. I'm sure if Richmond were travelling well that would reflect in most peoples posts too.. I don't see any point in refusing to discuss things as they are. There's also not a lot point channeling conversation into off field achievements whenever our onfield performance is mentioned.

There is no doubt things are more pleasant when Richmond are winning. There is also no doubt they've been very ordinary for a while.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Frawley is a great coach - his record proves that.

Beck is a great Recruiting Manager - his record proves that.

The current board is great - their record proves it.

Yes, these guys are breaking all manner of records...IN INCOMPETENCE !!!

MISTAKES ! EXCUSES ! FOREVER !

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Thats fine Ridley, but you don't have to keep shooting down every positive thread about the club.

You may need proof that things are changing, which today you got, yet you're still miserable. We could talk about how bad or good Frawley is till the sun comes up, or we can regret missed draft chances.

Not every draft pick will be perfect, nor will every team be happy, but I think we'll find out in due time if your thoughts are correct or not. Same goes for me too.

Some people like posting positives, then to have them torn apart by your miserable posts make me wonder why I even bother.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't think you agree to that. I too would love another coach like Sheedy or Malthouse, but they are contracted. So is Frawley. Lets' wait and see what happens next year.

Yes we are worse off that we were four years ago, but at least they know now that it's all got to change. Four years of waste? Perhaps... Or four years of learning? Maybe. Time will tell.

Anyway Ridley, it's been a pleasure debating with you. Don't forget we both want the same bloody thing... Team success. We therefore can't be too dissimilar. I'm now going to bed as I have to work tonight, so enjoy your afternoons all of you.

Regards BalmyArmy

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
BalmyArmy said:
I'm now going to bed as I have to work tonight, so enjoy your afternoons all of you.

Regards BalmyArmy

Sweet dreams of our 2004 premiership Balmy. :)

Go Tiges.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I am actually going to fall asleep watching 95 Final against Essendon. Hopefully Turner can knock my lights out too. lol

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah BA that's one thing we can agree on; success for the RFC. I'll be happy to eat my words if things improve dramatically by this time next year.

I just call it as I see it.

Later.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
BalmyArmy said:
I am actually going to fall asleep watching 95 Final against Essendon. Hopefully Turner can knock my lights out too. lol

Hey Balmy, if nothing else works, try one of these. It's worked for me in the past.

banghead.gif

I can get some more if you need. ;)

I know a generous and good hearted supplier. ;D No questions asked.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
Hey Balmy, if nothing else works, try one of these. It's worked for me in the past.

banghead.gif

MC24 - could you please get a starting order of 1000 please ASAP

;)

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Koalalill said:

;)

I'm onto it KL. Just let me know when you need them by. If you need them yesterday, I can work around that too. ;)

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
I'm onto it KL. Just let me know when you need them by. If you need them yesterday, I can work around that too. ;)

3 months ago would be good ;)

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
It puts us up there finacially with Coll and ess....it is ashame however we are light years away in terms of their coach.....when we get rid of the druckard and put someone in there who can put the money to good use we might get somewhere........yes we have a financial future but winning games would be a change

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
It's fantastic that Richmond has gained some financial security.

However, all the money in the world is not going to get on field performance. The days of buying premierships (Like Essendon & Carlton did) are gone.

At least it looks like some area within the RFC is being managed well. Unlike the management of our on field performances.

Success is measured by on field performances and more importantly premierships. Something Richmond has lacked for 23 years.

Lets hope that the off field success rubs off on the people whom play the game.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Crikey, MC24, you'd better mail me a bag of those emoticons as I need them after reading some of the depressing posts this thread has raised.But then, I guess, some people would find things to criticise if we were winning games.

In our best period of the club's history, 1967-74, there were detractors to onfield performances but we didn't have the communications then that we now enjoy and so the negative voices weren't as obvious - except at the footy. The wheels got a serious wobble-up after that until 1980, but that was only a temporary fix and didn't give us the continued success that we felt was due to us.

Since then we have managed just 2 years where we have made finals' appearances which only gave us false hope, anyway.

The whole culture of the club has to be turned around and that is what I feel is happening. I can't say I "think" that is happening, or I "know" that is happening because I don't have access to that knowledge.

I can only go by what some people post on here, and they seem to know more about the goings-on at the club than I do. Also I can't believe that a multi-million dollar business (like running a football club is nowadays) can be, or continue to be, badly run before the receivers come marching in.

I've seen the club down before but it got up again and roared, and that's why I'm re-newing my membership for 2004...so I can feel I'm entitled to roar!

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
BalmyArmy said:
Agreed Ridley about Frawley and Beck not being the right people... by themsleves. That's why the others will help out. If you think Beck is still in charge of what goes on as far recruiting goes, then you are kidding yourself. Miller is the man who holds the reins down there now, and Beck is his understudy.

People forget Beck has been doing the job by himself for the last three years, and this is the first year where we have three people scouting and recruiting. Now, we are on par with other top teams.
jesus h christ balmy if we only have 3 recruiting officers doing the whole of the country we are in more manure than i thought possible

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Koalalill said:
MC24 said:

banghead.gif

;)
Didn't happen to get them from a C$#@#wood marketing officer did You??