Sponsorship Announcement = GOOD NEWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sponsorship Announcement = GOOD NEWS

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Ridley said:
Take a look at North Melbourne. No members, no supporters, no money. Two premierships in the 90s and competitive on the field every year. Doesn't matter how much money you've got if you ain't got the talent.

Interesting comments Ridley.
Question - What is the one thing in common between Richmond now and North Melbourne from the mid 1990's.

Answer - Greg Miller (Give him some time though).

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Young Tiger said:
Interesting comments Ridley.
Question - What is the one thing in common between Richmond now and North Melbourne from the mid 1990's.

Answer - Greg Miller (Give him some time though).

Funny I was thinking the same thing YT.

But do agree with most that the off field performances amounts to nothing if we can't get our act together on the field.

Congratulation to those involved and I for one sincerely hopes it progresses to out onfield performances.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Ridley said:
Great news about the sponsorship. The more the better. KL, you seem to know quite a bit about this stuff. Can you tell us, if the total figure is $1.5m between Motorola & TAC, how much is each party putting in? And how much greater is the total contribution of these companies than this year?

The $1.5 million that was announced last week comprises of $900K from TAC who will continue to place their logo on the back of the jumper and $600K from Motorolla whose logo will be on the front of the jumper.
About 100K from the Motorolla deal is for communication equipment, the rest is money.

Well done Ian Campbell, this bloke will get things right off the field, let's hope the Footy dept led by Greg Miller can get things right on the field.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks for the info Boss. Interesting though that TAC is still the major sponsor dollars wise but their logo will be on the back of the jumper. I would have thought it'd be the other way around.

I also hope Miller can get things right off the field. Just don't give away our first pick in the draft. We can pick up a real good kid with no. 6.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Ridley said:
Thanks for the info Boss. Interesting though that TAC is still the major sponsor dollars wise but their logo will be on the back of the jumper. I would have thought it'd be the other way around.

I thought the same thing Ridley.
I guess when you think of it the size of the sponsor on the back of the jumper is larger then on the front, that might explain it.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
I thought the same thing Ridley.
I guess when you think of it the size of the sponsor on the back of the jumper is larger then on the front, that might explain it.

I think you are right regarding the back of the jumper. Throw in as well that the TAC logo is on all Club letter heads, newletters etc, will still have their signage at the MCG, on the goal posts for home games and the singage on the Tiger patrol.

I think the TAC still has the number 1 position - they have been a fantastic and wonderfully loyal sponsor. Many CLubs are envious of our relationship with the TAC.

BTW - research shows we have the most known and recognisable sponsor in the AFL. I think it is 2 out of 3 AFL can name who sponsors Richmond

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
TigerMasochist said:
Koalalill said:
MC24 said:
Hey Balmy, if nothing else works, try one of these. It's worked for me in the past.

banghead.gif

I can get some more if you need. ;)

I know a generous and good hearted supplier. ;D No questions asked.

MC24 - could you please get a starting order of 1000 please ASAP

;)
Didn't happen to get them from a C$#@#wood marketing officer did You??

Not exactly TM. Someone near and dear to you actually. :eek: 8)

Roar34, there's a bit of a queue at the moment. But I'll do my best. ;)