State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Some interesting upper house results, a few regions with 2 seats going to minor parties. Libs got smashed, 7 seats - what a mess. I suppose the Nats got 4 but still, very bad result for them. Labor won the election convincingly but still have no majority in the upper house, but of a check there and reflects almost 43% of first preferences in the Lower House, but 39% in the Upper House. Just shows people do think about their votes if there are a fair proportion voting differently in the upper house, now they need to be thinking about their preferences too - above the line preferenceing is essential.

DS

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
Have to disagree, her voting pattern earned her the nickname of the 6th Green. Presents very well and will initially engage until you raise a point contrary to her stand and suddenly silence.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
joegarra said:
Have to disagree, her voting pattern earned her the nickname of the 6th Green. Presents very well and will initially engage until you raise a point contrary to her stand and suddenly silence.

How did you finish up Doc?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
DavidSSS said:
Some interesting upper house results, a few regions with 2 seats going to minor parties. Libs got smashed, 7 seats - what a mess. I suppose the Nats got 4 but still, very bad result for them. Labor won the election convincingly but still have no majority in the upper house, but of a check there and reflects almost 43% of first preferences in the Lower House, but 39% in the Upper House. Just shows people do think about their votes if there are a fair proportion voting differently in the upper house, now they need to be thinking about their preferences too - above the line preferenceing is essential.

DS

That's peduals a good outcome - I don't think it is good for the one party to have a majority across both houses regardless of who it is

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Oh dear, the rats are deserting the ship already... How long till Derryn changes his his name to Pauline...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-18/derryn-hinch-justice-party-loses-catherine-cumming-victoria/10631928

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Labor already complacent. Jacinta Allan was interviewed on TV about the Punt Rd Swan St works and wasn't wearing hi vis or a hard hat.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
22nd Man said:
Labor already complacent. Jacinta Allan was interviewed on TV about the Punt Rd Swan St works and wasn't wearing hi vis or a hard hat.

*Gasps*

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
I spent a lot of time at early voting in Werribee and the Derryn Hinch lady stood near me, and most of the time she said - upper house Derryn Hinch, hardly ever mentioned Catherine Cumming. Catherine appeared briefly for a couple of hours one day. The firm impression I got was that voters were voting for the party not Catherine.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
joegarra said:
ALP 52, me 26, Libs 22. Preference distribution stopped as someone hit 50. Guesstimates are something like 57-43, so took about 9% off ALP.

At least you'll get your deposit back.
You did well, bloody hard as a non celebrity independent

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Dan still refusing to build EWL even with $4b of federal money.

“I don’t break my work so he (Morrison) can keep his”

Seems like a good reason not to build it........

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:

Andrews has a mandate not to build it. its time the federal government acccepted this and released the money for other projects instead of holding Victoria to ransom.

But in saying that, its probably time both sides put their heads together and reached a compromise in the best intrests of all. While the EW Link shouldn't be built, maybe some of the $4 billion could be spent on upgrading the corridor between the eastern freeway and the zoo (eg. extra lanes, a couple of underpasses, etc) and the rest is released for the metro tunnel.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigertim said:

Personal viewpoint is we have State and Federal governments for a reason. The states are best served to decide what they want to do infrastructure wise. Matters of federal policies are for Canberra but feel the states should get to do as they plan not how the feds want them to. Ie the states request funding for set projects not the feds stating that they want a different project.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
mrposhman said:
Personal viewpoint is we have State and Federal governments for a reason. The states are best served to decide what they want to do infrastructure wise. Matters of federal policies are for Canberra but feel the states should get to do as they plan not how the feds want them to. Ie the states request funding for set projects not the feds stating that they want a different project.

That's how it should be.

After having been just voted in ScoMo wont be too forthcoming, he'll do what's best for the Victorian Liberal party.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
mrposhman said:

Yeah agreed as well.

There is one change I would make. And that’s water being a national resource and not being state run.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Did I read that correctly? The Andrews government spent a quarter of a million $ of taxpayers money to have the Saints/Port game that was due to be played in China, rescheduled from to Melbourne. When it was probably always going to be played in Melbourne anyway.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Did I read that correctly? The Andrews government spent a quarter of a million $ of taxpayers money to have the Saints/Port game that was due to be played in China, rescheduled from to Melbourne. When it was probably always going to be played in Melbourne anyway.
At the Dump in R12 while both teams have the bye in R11 on their own.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah agreed as well.

There is one change I would make. And that’s water being a national resource and not being state run.

No thanks, look whats happened to Murray Darling system under this current bunch of incompetents

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Dan is a pretty good politician, especially compared to others currently in power atn state and fedaral levels, but he makes the odd decision that is pretty hard to understand

Reactions: 1 user