State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
the way clubs use the rookie list as a means to retain players now really limits the amount of new players stepping into the system

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Our state league recruiting has been very industrious:

Parker, Lambert, Mansell, Baker, Aarts, Pickett, Ryan. And Broady.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some comments
I like Bayley Fritsch from Casey. Won the Fothergill-Round Medal (runner-up in the Frosty Miller), only 20, has a bit of class about him. Leaves home at 5am and gets back at 10pm on training days, so plenty of upside when he gets into a professional environment.

age better than others
No one under 185 and 85. Ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Did I see the kid Toomey has on a HFF in his draft team,

Tyler Sonsie,

playing Richmond VFL?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched Subi v Sth Freo, Subiaco had a forward called Jack Mayo (he was drafted by st kilda in the 2019 MSD but did an ACL and was cut at the end of 2020.) and gee he looked good. Beautiful left foot kick, moves well, marked the ball well, did stints in the ruck, worked hard. Just turned 22.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Watched Subi v Sth Freo, Subiaco had a forward called Jack Mayo (he was drafted by st kilda in the 2019 MSD but did an ACL and was cut at the end of 2020.) and gee he looked good. Beautiful left foot kick, moves well, marked the ball well, did stints in the ruck, worked hard. Just turned 22.
watched some myself & he did look good

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Saw a couple of mature agers in the WAFL final Claremont v West Perth.

Bailey Rogers, 24 , a big bodied goal kicking mid.

Tom Baldwin, 21, small defender, think Liam Baker.

Callan England 21 yr old mid and Ben Edwards, 21, looked good too.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Saw a couple of mature agers in the WAFL final Claremont v West Perth.

Bailey Rogers, 24 , a big bodied goal kicking mid.

Tom Baldwin, 21, small defender, think Liam Baker.

Callan England 21 yr old mid and Ben Edwards, 21, looked good too.

Rogers is considered one of the best players in the WAFL.

I always thought Baldwin was desperately unlucky not to get a game for the WA State U18 team a few years back. One of the very last cut at selection. Not sure he is a defender at AFL level, has played a fair bit of wing in WAFL. I'd love to see him get a go somewhere.

England was a West Coast rookie selection a few years back but never made it from there. Can remember when he was cut that people were saying they felt West Coast should have persevered another year or two. Busy midfielder type who can definitely kick goals.

Edwards is a great pressure midfielder at WAFL level. Lays key tackles.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I didn't get to see it, but di you see much of Tyler Keitel?

Fair bit of talk that he is going to get a shot at an AFL club, not sure who is interested.
Yeah, seen him a few times, I don't think he's real AFL quality. I'd be surprised if he got picked up.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Your not putting a bit extra on Jack’s game are you tim :))

• Haha