Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

I wonder if I'd be still as invested in Richmond is we were still *smile* over the last 5 years rather than Premiers. RFC matches are the only ones that get watched these days, lost interest in the others.
I've been like this since probably 2013. Whenever GWS came into the league, I started dropping interest significantly. It was quite clear that we were being thrown under the bus so Frankenstein's monster could be successful. How amazing it was that not a few years later, we knocked them out in a Preliminary final (best match day atmosphere I've ever felt) and then a couple years after that, beating them in a GF. All of which was achieved with players we'd taken from the other expansion club.

Reactions: 3 users
I watch most other games every week - perhaps 6 to 7 of the other 8 games. But I do it largely on the basis of Richmond being successful and wanting to see where we are at against teams genuinely competing against us, or could challenge us. So this year, I've watched every single Geethrow, Throwdogs, Port Bogelaide, Dudbourne and Blandbane game. Most WCE games.

But if we were a middle of the road team, or re-building or whatever, I could safely say that I would not watch anywhere near the volume of other games. Not just because we've slipped, but because watching football now is just so damn frustrating. Between the deplorable, ever changing rule interpretations, the disgraceful umpiring, the bs draw and favouritism there.... and so on, it's all just too frustrating a game to watch otherwise.

Its tough enough watching your own team play let alone adding other games to the frustration is what I'm saying. To that end, I wonder what the tv ratings are like this year and how they've tracked the last 5 years ?

The game this year, in my opinion is demonstrably worse. It's netball. Chip kick. Stop. Stand, Chip Kick. Stop. Stand. All free flowing has gone from the game. Uncontested footy is thru the roof. Contests are down. They are taking the bump and tackle out entirely. It is absolute crap these days. Hocking is a *smile* wit of the highest level.
Don't ever forget this is the peanut that came up with the ill fated AFLX concept that was soundly rejected, so he's trying to bring it in through the back door. Soon enough Aussie Rules core audience will soundly reject this AFL administration too in the only language they understand..TV ratings.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve met some four can idiots; something like a two pot screamer.

or perhaps a Cadbury’s drinker !
One who can only manage half a glass.
Cadbury’s is actually a glass and a half but still a good joke.

Motlop FA compo pick = end of 1st Rd
B Ellis FA compo pick = 2nd round

Ellis's contract was a year longer than Fatlops and averaged significant more $ per year.

The Fatlop pick enabled Geesook to get G Ablett back from GC.

Shocking is so crooked he couldn't lye straight in bed.

Reactions: 5 users
Motlop FA compo pick = end of 1st Rd
B Ellis FA compo pick = 2nd round

Ellis's contract was a year longer than Fatlops and averaged significant more $ per year.

The Fatlop pick enabled Geesook to get G Ablett back from GC.

Shocking is so crooked he couldn't lye straight in bed.
Does he himself decide the compensation?

Let's fatigue the players by reducing interchange numbers again..
The Tigers are slowing the game down..let's fix that..
Let's allow players to run around the man on the mark..
That'll speed the game up & wreck those pesky Tigs..
Game speeds up..resulting in more high impact, concussion & collision injuries than ever..
Let's have a sub (again) to deal with concussion & help with fatiguing players..:bash

One thing this AFL administration have been consistent with is constantly chasing their tail by ill thought out rule changes without really testing the ramifications.
They never wind the dumb rules back, just double down by introducing another dumb rule.

sHocking.

Reactions: 18 users
He very well could. Isn’t the compensation “formula” a secret?

Like the match review panel he reviews and approves the final recommendation. Given the way he works its certain the recommendation is one he agrees with before it gets to him for approval

Let's fatigue the players by reducing interchange numbers again..
The Tigers are slowing the game down..let's fix that..
Let's allow players to run around the man on the mark..
That'll speed the game up & wreck those pesky Tigs..
Game speeds up..resulting in more high impact, concussion & collision injuries than ever..
Let's have a sub (again) to deal with concussion & help with fatiguing players..:bash

One thing this AFL administration have been consistent with is constantly chasing their tail by ill thought out rule changes without really testing the ramifications.
They never wind the dumb rules back, just double down by introducing another dumb rule.

sHocking.

You forget extend the TV breaks between goals to a minute and then complain that the game is too long.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users