Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

He very well could. Isn’t the compensation “formula” a secret?
Previously a club thinking of matching an offer could get an indication of what band of compensation they were likely to receive. Certainly this was the case with Vickery. Not sure whether it still applies.

Perhaps Hocking felt we rorted the system with Hawthorn in effectively getting Bolton for Vickery, so he screwed us on Ellis. That sort of behaviour isn’t beneath the AFL.

Reactions: 4 users
Previously a club thinking of matching an offer could get an indication of what band of compensation they were likely to receive. Certainly this was the case with Vickery. Not sure whether it still applies.

Perhaps Hocking felt we rorted the system with Hawthorn in effectively getting Bolton for Vickery, so he screwed us on Ellis. That sort of behaviour isn’t beneath the AFL.
After penalizing the Dees for not tankimg they decided to give them pick 3 for Frawley to help make up for it.

• Haha
Hocking's supposedly about to become Geelong CEO. Whatever gets his hands off the controls is good with me.

Dave Matthews will get the Geelong CEO job.
Steve Hocking doesnt have the fortitude to make any hard decisions, or stand up to, Chris Scott.

The inner politics at Geelong, deeply hidden from most of their fans and 'untouched' by the Geelong media (Hutchy/SEN, brown-nose Whately), is almost as riveting as the AFL Boys Club politics and what the clubs think (despise) of the AFL.

The latest frustration is the seemingly mid season introduction of 'dangerous' tackles. No doubt another sHocking directive. :bash
The Pickett decision in the goal square was symptomatic of the disease. As many others have said this as one of the worst free kicks in history & is yet another attack on the game.
I don't blame the umpire's boss for quitting mid season (still dont know the story there) but it's just another knee jerk reaction from this administration that has only served to cause more frustration to umpires, coaches, players & supporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I don't want to become to AFL conspiracy theories what I have to umpiring but hasn't every game with two Victorian clubs been played at the usual venue with no crowds since the shutdown?

They were all in round 11, Bulldogs v Melbourne, Collingwood v Geelong, and St Kilda and North.

The only other one was the Dreamtime game, which was held in Perth because both clubs had left the state the previous round and it was better for the fixture to remain outside Victoria.
Hasn’t the hawks/ bombers match been shifted to tassie?

I'd say the home club have had the option to choose.

Dreamtime and Big Freeze games wanted crowds as marquee games and Hawthorn have the Tassie arrangement.

Other games that are not marquee or without another easy option to go have just played as scheduled with no crowds.

The Geelong game certainly isn't inconsistent with what has happened with other games.
Fair enough. I did read though that if the game went ahead at alphabet stadium with no crowd, the cats stand to lose around $900,000. If that’s the case you would think they would want to move it to where a crowd would attend?
Only going by what I read and don’t claim to know all the intimate details on finances there

Fair enough. I did read though that if the game went ahead at alphabet stadium with no crowd, the cats stand to lose around $900,000. If that’s the case you would think they would want to move it to where a crowd would attend?
Only going by what I read and don’t claim to know all the intimate details on finances there
brian cook reckons they would have made a profit of around $100k moving the game to Tasmania, compared to Nil profit in front of no crowd at Geelong

How about instead of throwing out cliched insults that you clearly don't even understand the meaning of, you actually post a rebuttal that addresses the issue?
And only then can the comparisons to trump voters and anti-vaxxers can begin!

Reactions: 1 user
According to swampthing, first round since R17 1984 where no team scored at least 100 points

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
According to swampthing, first round since R17 1984 where no team scored at least 100 points
But how many Dusty Moments were there? Isn't that this years KPI?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The Custodian never lets us down.

All must Roffle.

How 'bout the way this *smile* condescends his market with benign frog *smile*. 'More Dusty Moments.'

Did we ever take that apart? Dusty is not responsible for Dusty moments - Steve Hocking is. All praise him. For the Dusty moments we've had. And beseech him for those we might be granted in his glorious benevolence.

Reactions: 2 users
Everyone gets an award.
Great dogma. For losers.
"Steve Hocking, *smile* the game since Richmond won in 2017"
Or
"Trying to make *smile* teams better since Richmond won in 2017"

The tinkering has tinked. The game is putrid to watch & the interoperation of the rules is utterly confusing. It's all Hocking.