Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Whenever I see this thread back on the first page, all I think is SHocking you cheating piece of *smile* and *smile*!
Yeah, I think *smile*, but you can't post *smile* without breaching our rules....this is as close as I could get.

Mad I Hate You GIF by Britannia

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
On the topic of the pussy-cat cats...

Saw Tom Hawkins at Sth Melbourne Market with his 2 kids earlier today. I always knew he was big, but up close in person I realised how big a unit he is. Looked very lean, which isn't what I'd imagined based off him in "hoops"

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
On the topic of the pussy-cat cats...

Saw Tom Hawkins at Sth Melbourne Market with his 2 kids earlier today. I always knew he was big, but up close in person I realised how big a unit he is. Looked very lean, which isn't what I'd imagined based off him in "hoops"
More importantly, how were the dimmies?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
I watched footy since the 60s. The VFL changed rules annually. Centre square, out on the full. One ump to 2 to 3. Etc.
Never really trialled. Fast forward to Demetriou era. I recall an interview where he said he wanted the AFL to keep summer sports off the back pages.

The draft circus, then preseason. Lately AFLW.

Whateley's state of the game crisis was beautiful. Textbook AFL HQ. Bring in mad rule change. No trial.

Administration has great lines like "more Dusty moments". 2021, the Dusty moment that derailed us was his injury.
We were slow to adjust to Stand, the free kicks against us are intriguing.
be interested to see if Dimma brings that to the Goldie.

Or Nicole Livingston saying reduced interchange brings a battle of offence and defence..

You can't argue with that.

attendance and membership, revenue in general Up and up.

funnily the umps started going easy on stand. Not change it just turn it into another grey area I imagine.
4 umps out there and they find less free kicks.

Reactions: 1 user

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
You missed AFLX ..
BBL
AFLX , the activities for kids around grounds. Metricon used to have stacks for kids to do, handball games, places to kick a footy just nearby.
Add to that ground announcers,, players Spotify playlists
The prelim vs GWS at the G. Was a ground announcer getting the crowd to scream.
I don't think I've been to the G since COVID.

Sadly I've been to the Gabba "the gabbinator" too often to know that Country road song gets played after a goal.

Anyone here got young families? Is this stuff appealing to young people?

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
BBL
AFLX , the activities for kids around grounds. Metricon used to have stacks for kids to do, handball games, places to kick a footy just nearby.

Sadly I've been to the Gabba "the gabbinator" too often to know that Country road song gets played after a goal.

I cannot stand the concept of the songs after a goal is kicked. The game is THE entertainment. It doesn’t need all this superficial rubbish around it.

Reactions: 12 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
BBL

I like the activities outside the ground for kids, face painting etc. That’s all fine.
The rest is all nonsense and completely unnecessary, it is distracting and annoying mostly. The only extras during the game I have ever enjoyed were the Swanettes and for a short period the Tigerettes…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
BBL

It's a long time ago now, but we used to go to the footy when the "roar metre" was on the big screen.
We had a young kid (not ours) as part of the group, and they got so excited about being able to roar after a goal. Then the roar metre went away, and the kid stopped coming.
The game to someone that young was too long. The roar metre broke it up into little activities to help pass the time and have fun, whilst paying some attention to the game.
Adults hated it. So did the AFL...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Appears Lethal hates SHocking nearly as much as we do!

(Btw... Hocking dropped Matthews after the Bruns punch!)

“I blame Steve Hocking, and I blame Brad Scott – whoever else was making those decisions – I mean it’s markedly changed the rights (of the player with the ball),” Matthews continued.

Reactions: 3 users