SUPERCOACH 2013 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SUPERCOACH 2013

I think I'll carry the zero. I want to keep Goodes.

Some serious juggling required.

SCOOP said:
I think I'll carry the zero. I want to keep Goodes.

Some serious juggling required.

Problem is you'll be carrying 1.2 million on your bench for potentially 2 weeks if Gibbs isn't right. Can you really afford that if you're going to seriously challenge for the big prize?

There's a few options that I'm grappling with at the moment, one is Goodes to Ellis which will net 100k and make about 60k over the next 2 weeks. If Ellis can replicate his form from last week it could be an 80-100 extra points per round.

Then there's Fyfe, is it worth trading him to Selwood or Watson? 2 weeks is a long time to be missing a premium, I was prepared to bench him for 1 but 2 is a stretch if Gibbs & Goodes are also on the pine.

Put simply, someone has to go and it's not an easy decsion which ever way I look at it.

It's super tough. Might trade Fyfe for a multi postion. Devon Smith is very quietly having some kind of year. As a mid forward, he saves a truck load and also allows me (91k in the bank) to go from Goodes to a top level.

Its the toughest round in a long time.

Pittard is a definite out and could be sidelined for a couple of weeks, add that to Goodes, Gibbs and Brown and we have a nightmarish predicament.

Spent some of my left over $$$ and upgraded Pittard to Heath Shaw, who was quite cheap.

Paying off so far - 91 SC points in the first half.

bullus_hit said:
Pittard is a definite out and could be sidelined for a couple of weeks, add that to Goodes, Gibbs and Brown and we have a nightmarish predicament.

I got saved by Kommer and Viney coming back to the mids. I will hold Fyfe & Goodes. I sold Gibbs,( hammies always take longer than the 2 weeks Goodes will be out and Gibbs price was dropping while Goodes has heaps left) to Hartlett and went sideways from Pittard to Brandon Ellis.

And had Shaw, Swan, Pendles and Cloke tonight. 528 from 4.

I have Pendlebury as my VC. think i will take the 161x2.

was going to trade for Shaw this week. took Ellis and cash instead. hope i dont regret it.

Brodders17 said:
I have Pendlebury as my VC. think i will take the 161x2.

was going to trade for Shaw this week. took Ellis and cash instead. hope i dont regret it.

Good get with Pendles as VC. I have Watson against GWS as VC - will be happy with a 140+ from him.

I seriously considered Ellis - should get full games from now on hopefully so it should be a good move.

Shaw only got 25ish SC points in the 2nd half.

He was visibly lazy, especially in the last qtr after an awesome 1st half.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Good get with Pendles as VC. I have Watson against GWS as VC - will be happy with a 140+ from him.

bit lucky with Pendlebury, i was gonna go Swan but then read something about Pendles record against the Saints.

be a little weary relying on Dons players this week. might be more changes yet.

Tiger Ghost said:
Reckon i might jump on the daisy train this week, looks to have bottomed out price wise and should start running into some solid form.

I have jumped into the top 1000. I will also be jumping on Daisy, I will offload Ollie Wines. He has served his purpose. Daisy also gives me, that dual position that everyone needs. Still got Fyfe and Goodes on the bench to come back in next week. Things are going ok but the byes are just stupid. Ruin it all.

Tiger Ghost said:
Great minds think alike Scoop, i will ditch Wines for Daisy and same as you that will finally give me that mid/fwd i need.

My biggest mistake in years past has been holding onto rookies for too long. Have to be aggressive trade them out before they have maxed if you can get a gun.

This year, I am trying to get the best side I can as quick as I can. Not Round 22.

SCOOP said:
My biggest mistake in years past has been holding onto rookies for too long. Have to be aggressive trade them out before they have maxed if you can get a gun.

This year, I am trying to get the best side I can as quick as I can. Not Round 22.

That would be a fair summation Scoop, the first 2-3 weeks are the critical weeks for rookies, the rest can be made up with getting premiums on the cheap. Just a little bit of info on last year's winner, he basically went as hard as possible until he had a full squad of premiums, he then spent his final trades on a solid emergency for each line, and this was well before round 22. When injury struck, Franklin being a prime example, he was able to ride out the six weeks because he had ample depth. This will be my strategy, I will save two trades in case two players go down in the one week, but I won't be hoarding 6 trades for finals.

As for the byes, rounds 11 & 12 won't be too bad, it's the dreaded 13 that you'll need to be careful about. From this point on, I will be selecting Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast and Geelong players, that should hopefully cover most bases.

Yep not many rookies getting about, last chance to get Flossy and maybe Docherty this week and another week to look at Ben Kennedy, Jed Lamb and Jesse Lonergan