SUPERCOACH 2013 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SUPERCOACH 2013

Brodders17 said:
Out: Varcoe, Ryder
In: Martin, Loonieburger.

ranked 9000 (which for me is pretty good) and happy to get the points of you last week Skillz.

Hehe! Yep, had a shocker last round and now ranked in the 1300's.

Waters out hurt (had Brown as sub who only scored 12 after getting a 90 odd the week before)

Watson as VC hurt as I shifted the C to Ablett when I should have had Cox.

Will make 2 more trades this week for overall balance then I'll be right for my first upgrade or 2 when my rookies start to peak (still have $360K in the bank).

SkillzThatKillz said:
Anyone made any trades this week yet?

Just a word of warning, I traded in Sinclair for Macaffer on Friday night thinking I could make a late change if there was an emergency called up. Big stuff up as the reverse trade icon suddenly disappeared, a rookie mistake which has cost me one valuable trade. From now on I'll only be making trades 1 hour before the match. The Macaffer situation has actually screwed 203 coaches who attempted to exploit the VC loophole with Selwood, a blunder which has cost them 100 points.

bullus_hit said:
Just a word of warning, I traded in Sinclair for Macaffer on Friday night thinking I could make a late change if there was an emergency called up. Big stuff up as the reverse trade icon suddenly disappeared, a rookie mistake which has cost me one valuable trade. From now on I'll only be making trades 1 hour before the match. The Macaffer situation has actually screwed 203 coaches who attempted to exploit the VC loophole with Selwood, a blunder which has cost them 100 points.

I made 2 x tactical trades :

Switched Goodes from DEF to MID and traded Kane Mitchell for Jack Hutchins & Daw out for Rowe

Some major carnage this round, I thought I'd remain unchanged in the rankings but have climbed into 167th place. I'll probably hold off trading this round and then go for some upgrades round 6.

I have gone into the 1700's.

Just toying with dumping Pettard for Sam Mays and then upgrading Moloney to Ablett.

Still leave me 91k and a starting mid 5 of GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Fyfe with four rookies to upgrade.

Want to get the mids set early.

SCOOP said:
I have gone into the 1700's.

Just toying with dumping Pettard for Sam Mays and then upgrading Moloney to Ablett.

Still leave me 91k and a starting mid 5 of GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Fyfe with four rookies to upgrade.

Want to get the mids set early.

That's a no brainer, if you've got the cash get cracking, this is the point where you can pull away from the pack. I'm definitely going straight for the mids, after Viney's 9 today it just goes to show that shoring up the middle with proven guns is the way to go. I'll be targeting Watson, Selwood or Danger, it just depends on who represents the best value.

Strongly considering punting Viney this week, expected price rise over the next 2 weeks is 11k and then 4k and he will carry his score from the weekend in coming weeks.

With the extra trades this year it makes it a little easier to move the kids in and out.

Ironically i might look at his team mate Evans who is on his bubble and is expected to rise 190k over the next 3 weeks

bullus_hit said:
That's a no brainer, if you've got the cash get cracking, this is the point where you can pull away from the pack. I'm definitely going straight for the mids, after Viney's 9 today it just goes to show that shoring up the middle with proven guns is the way to go. I'll be targeting Watson, Selwood or Danger, it just depends on who represents the best value.

I am somewhat loathe to dump Moloney with a couple of price raises left but the time is right for Gazza. He will have a monster versus GWS. And I think Pettard may have run his race. But anytime you get Gazza on the cheap, you have to do it.

In years gone by, I have left my "perfect" side too late. Want to get the midfield spot on by round 10.

SCOOP said:
I am somewhat loathe to dump Moloney with a couple of price raises left but the time is right for Gazza. He will have a monster versus GWS. And I think Pettard may have run his race. But anytime you get Gazza on the cheap, you have to do it.

In years gone by, I have left my "perfect" side too late. Want to get the midfield spot on by round 10.

If you leave it, only leave it for one more week, Moloney will make 20,000k next week and Gaz has a b/e of 170. But you're also running the risk of Ablett pulling in a monster score and being left behind, particularly if everyone makes him captain (which most will do).

Tiger Ghost said:
Strongly considering punting Viney this week, expected price rise over the next 2 weeks is 11k and then 4k and he will carry his score from the weekend in coming weeks.

With the extra trades this year it makes it a little easier to move the kids in and out.

Ironically i might look at his team mate Evans who is on his bubble and is expected to rise 190k over the next 3 weeks

Yep, Viney is in the gun for me, he may even be rested which will make the decision easier. Evans or Duryea will be the go, but it's worth keeping in mind that Evans was the recipient of extra points due to his last quarter goals, he's probably got a ceiling of 60 per match.

I will be keeping Viney until he peaks myself.

No downgrades until next week ie. won't worry about Mayes/Evans.

Docherty will be a go for me next week if he has another good game R5.

Jukes Extended said:
How does the captain loophole work?

only works in split rounds Jukes. This week for instance, I have made Swan VC knowing there is a rolling lockout. I have named Couch as captain knowing he is injured and won't play. On my bench I have Evans as emergency knowing he will play and cover for Couch if needed. The trick is, if Swan has a doosey, I will leave my team as it is, and Swan will get the double points. I he gets, say less than 120, I will change my bench (evans for couch) and name Gaz as captain. I think this is how it works anyway!

snaps truly said:
only works in split rounds Jukes.

Every round is a rolling lockout, but bear in mind that trades are not reversible once the first game commences.

snaps truly said:
only works in split rounds Jukes. This week for instance, I have made Swan VC knowing there is a rolling lockout. I have named Couch as captain knowing he is injured and won't play. On my bench I have Evans as emergency knowing he will play and cover for Couch if needed. The trick is, if Swan has a doosey, I will leave my team as it is, and Swan will get the double points. I he gets, say less than 120, I will change my bench (evans for couch) and name Gaz as captain. I think this is how it works anyway!

Oh I see....thanks Snaps!
I have Swan VC was thinking the same but I might take a chance and stick with Ablett.

Jukes Extended said:
Oh I see....thanks Snaps!
I have Swan VC was thinking the same but I might take a chance and stick with Ablett.

This is a massive gamble. I had Swanny as VC and I am thinking of doing the same thing.

But 254 is a pretty good score. Can Gazza do better? Hmmmmmm

SCOOP said:
This is a massive gamble. I had Swanny as VC and I am thinking of doing the same thing.

But 254 is a pretty good score. Can Gazza do better? Hmmmmmm

I agree, but he's against GWS...if it was anyone else I wouldn't take the gamble.
He'll smash it.

Jukes Extended said:
I agree, but he's against GWS...if it was anyone else I wouldn't take the gamble.
He'll smash it.

Yep, I've got Swan too but Gaz is due for a big one. After all, his average last year was 140 and he's playing a team that should be beaten, which means plenty of points will be up for grabs.

In my opinion, this might be the week when the loophole works in reverse, steering people away from the clear captaincy favourite.

Just for the record, Ablett managed the following scores last year - 189, 188, 182, 171, 165, 155, 150, 143, 139 & 134. Those are his top 10 scores over 20 games of football. Against GWS, he scored 126 & 125.

I'd say he's better than even money to knock off Swans score, and barring injury, I'd say he's very long odds to go sub 100.

YinnarTiger said:
Probably will cash in on Brett Goodes for my 1st trade this year.

I'm in real trouble this round, Fyfe gone for 2 weeks just adds salt to the wounds. Brown looks doubtful, Docherty might miss the cut, Gibbs and Goodes gone. I have no choice but to trade Goodes, I pencilled him in as a keeper but I'll be the donut king if I bench him. Sizing up Ellis as a potential replacement.