Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Second year blues is a thing, but that was something else.
Have to agree. Sydney 2020 version was a pale imitation of his debut season.
The coaches gave him every opportunity (more than a few others) but there was none of the spark that set the football world alight in 2019.
Big questions on whether he can rediscover his best or whether it was just a flash in the pan.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Happy to cut Stacka n Cujo a little bit of slack over their Kebabgate scandal. They've been thumped around the ears for their stuff up n I'm hoping the club is keeping some strong contact with both of them n making sure they're guided through their hiatus n given every opportunity to come back n reset for next year.
Got a feeling Stacka might just be another one who didn't quite cope with all the hub life issues this year. Most of the Wet Coke boys struggled to deal with being shut up in the hub away from family n the fawning Wet Coke locals. Even Grundypants has struggled to get anywhere near his usual standards this year. There's probably quite a few others who simply didn't handle the hub situation that well n there performances onfield would have been affected

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I’m backing both Stacky and CCJ to be back to the club next year
Not only do I want them there I reckon we need them
I‘ve also got faith in the footy ability of both to play good senior footy for us in 2021 and beyond
Yes they’ve behaved appallingly in 2020 and have rightly deserved every bit of the punishment doled out to date
But if I’m right then they certainly won’t be the first kids to have recovered from some extraordinarily dumb behaviour
Fingers crossed anyway

Reactions: 7 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Fully agree Tenacious. Unless they have done other things we don’t know about I think the club will give them the chance to redeem themselves.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Succeeded by not screwing up earlier? That's a low bar. He played like shyte for that whole period.

I hate to be critical of the guy and hope he can utilise his talent, but this was an incredibly poor season from him, even leaving out the kebabgate thing.

I see it as a positive. He’s shown a level of discipline and work ethic that wasn’t a given even 6 months ago when he lost fitness during the first lockdown. I think his professionalism took a step forward this year, but that’s not to say I have low standards, just acknowledging he’s improved and I hope it’s a sign he’ll keep improving in this area.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Call me crazy but I saw no sign of improved fitness or discipline on the field from Stack this season.

Reactions: 7 users

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Sydney has had a really rough upbringing. Bolton helped him with training last year. I expect that will happen again once the finals are over. Ankle injuries take a lot of getting over, see Dan Butler.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Call me crazy but I saw no sign of improved fitness or discipline on the field from Stack this season.
I agree to didn't come in to preseason good nick had the injury so more reason to look after yourself and then the covid break again comes in bad shape.To be honest his games were well below standard.Needs a massive wake up call and proffesional standards or may end up like Troy Taylor.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Nothing crazy about that - you’re 100% right
But that was this year.

What I’m doing is looking to 2021 and being prepared to see that both he and CCJ will prove to be good players despite all that
And I’m actually looking forward to the prospect

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sydney has had a really rough upbringing. Bolton helped him with training last year. I expect that will happen again once the finals are over. Ankle injuries take a lot of getting over, see Dan Butler.
With what went down in the hub he should have all the motivation he needs to prepare himself for next season.
I'd be disappointed if he and CCJ aren't 1 month into a fitness program that will help them regain the trust of the club, players and fans when they resume preseason training.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I agree to didn't come in to preseason good nick had the injury so more reason to look after yourself and then the covid break again comes in bad shape.To be honest his games were well below standard.Needs a massive wake up call and proffesional standards or may end up like Troy Taylor.
IIRC Dusty didn’t come back in good nick after his first season either. Stack has plenty to give still.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Sounds like the chances of Syd getting the arse have gone judging by the way Dimma spoke of he and CCJ.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
My theory on the kabab transgression is that the Gold Coast nightlife is almost irresistible in it's glitzy, sleazy attraction to a lot of young men. It's brighter and cleaner than The Cross but edgier than St Kilda in it's overt, rough sexual appeal. These guys were conned by the glamour and the dirt - and they were the only ones caught. For sure, a lot more were out cruising than we've heard about.

And one reason why sporting clubs on the GC tend to fail.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
if thats the case , clubs should thrive in a dead shithole like Adelaide :)
Things might be going to improve taz. I read with interest that the owners of West End are closing the brewery down and shifting it interstate.........saying it was due to "changing consumer tastes". **** me, it only took 150 years for the Croweaters to work out it tastes like crap.

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
What did he say?
That he’d checked in on the “2 or 3 times”, they’re still “Richmond men”, “we,ll continue to support those boys, we love what they bring when they’re at their very best. They’ve made a mistake but they’re going to be very good players over a long period of time for us.“

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Yes Dion and Toby are still debilitated?????????????????????????