Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Hey TM - I've been as big a supporter of SS as anyone - and only ever wanted him kept on the list and then back in the team.
So hopefully it's clear air now for him to make a proper comeback.

But let's be realistic - he broke quarantine and that's not a trivial matter in the context of COVID.
The time spent and fine paid might be worth it if he uses it as motivation and becomes a long term senior player for RFC
He's been treated no worse than any other COVID offender in WA and consideably better than some. The one woman from SA who was arrested about the same time as Syd is still inside and will be there until at least June unless her second appeal has a different result

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Past is past , the water that went under the 15 mile creek bridge in July is now somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean .

Syd is a very lucky boy that he has the opportunity that he does in front of him, has the talent, does he have the desire and dedication only time will tell, the great thing for him is the ball is in his pocket.

Good luck kid

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hey TM - I've been as big a supporter of SS as anyone - and only ever wanted him kept on the list and then back in the team.
So hopefully it's clear air now for him to make a proper comeback.

But let's be realistic - he broke quarantine and that's not a trivial matter in the context of COVID.
The time spent and fine paid might be worth it if he uses it as motivation and becomes a long term senior player for RFC
Wonder how many people broke quarantine in Melb and got caught? Bet that F. A. of them copped anywhere near the punishment that Stacka or a few others in W.A got.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
He's been treated no worse than any other COVID offender in WA and consideably better than some. The one woman from SA who was arrested about the same time as Syd is still inside and will be there until at least June unless her second appeal has a different result
Is that right ?, Is it this person ?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
“Since his time in custody, he has taken steps to address his problems in a proper way,” Mr Percy said.

Stack had “some issue around his mental health” but was “on track” and wanted to put the events behind him, Mr Percy added.

He also revealed Stack hoped to travel to the United States as a musician."

Wants to go to the US as a musician? I wonder if he's really committed to anything at the moment?
That'd be to avoid a conviction being recorded, I reckon.

Reactions: 4 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Nothing agaisnt him. but put a line through him. Dreams of being a (c)rap star. Thanks for the 6 good games Sydney good luck with that.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Really

Two with jail time. One without. Anyone willing to guess why?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Will take him 10 weeks to get to peak fitness (pretty much a full pre season type training schedule i would think)
Then you would think atleast 2-3 weeks VFL

So round 16 onwards

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Yeah but Stacka could've given half of W.A. a dose of Cooties ( not that they deserve Cooties as such ) by roaming around uncontrolled. Maybe he could've just given a couple of Pollies a snifter or two, just for Lols of course.
No more than M/s Cotchin could have disturbed in Qld.
The difference between these two outcomes is remarkable.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
No more than M/s Cotchin could have disturbed in Qld.
The difference between these two outcomes is remarkable.

I’ve seen people say this a lot, but it’s not the same condition.

It was more serious the second time because they did it with the knowledge that we’d already been penalised once.

If you only have 1 demerit point remaining on your licence, you know your next speeding fine will not carry the same penalty as if you had a clean record.

Someone who goes ahead and drices at 140km/h and risk losing that final demerit point is making a more stupid personal decision than the person who drove 50km/h in a school zone for a first offence.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I’ve seen people say this a lot, but it’s not the same condition.

It was more serious the second time because they did it with the knowledge that we’d already been penalised once.

If you only have 1 demerit point remaining on your licence, you know your next speeding fine will not carry the same penalty as if you had a clean record.

Someone who goes ahead and drices at 140km/h and risk losing that final demerit point is making a more stupid personal decision than the person who drove 50km/h in a school zone for a first offence.
Yes , but your analogy isn't great, they are demerit points so you start off with zero & add points for offences, not start with 12 & deduct for each offence.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Will take him 10 weeks to get to peak fitness (pretty much a full pre season type training schedule i would think)
Then you would think atleast 2-3 weeks VFL

So round 16 onwards
We don’t know what training he has been doing in WA but yes he will need a solid 4 week block of training before he can even think about VFL.
Great to have him back though

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Can’t compare the two outcomes at all.

And have a look at Hogan. They both got similar fines with conviction, but one got to spend his quarantine with mates in a comfortable hotel.

.. not Stacky.
He spent 3+ weeks IN PRISON and yet it is clear that even that baggage didn’t cause any reduction in his fine or in the decision to proceed to conviction.
Added to that was a massive penalty imposed by the club and his suspension for 10 matches!

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Sydney has a mountain of issues that need to be sorted.
Dealing with family and his obligations will take a large amount of work.
Then he will have to deal with impulse control.
He is only 20 or 21 and has had a huge mountain to climb just to get into AFL.
It is going to be a long process, one that he and the club are well equipped to deal with.
Just as Dan Richardson started Richmond on a new way with recommending Emma Murray to Dylan Grimes, then working with elders and the institute to help Sydney and others realise their potential is to be the outcome.
Most of us cannot understand the issues that first nations people have to deal with.
Head down, bum up is part of it, but Sydney's personality is amplified to help him feel better about himself, disguising the hardship that lurks underneath.

Reactions: 5 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Yes , but your analogy isn't great, they are demerit points so you start off with zero & add points for offences, not start with 12 & deduct for each offence.

I meant after accumulating 11 / 12 allowable demerit points, and the last remaining point is the 12th, but it was poorly worded on my part. I forgot how many there were actually so tried to avoid using the numbers lol

• Haha