Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Stack is certainly a class above VFL level and was best on today against Casey. Problem is I reckon he's best suited to half back/back pocket and so is Mansell, Rioli and Baker. Someone's gotta play as the forward pocket and Baker hasn't been getting the job done recently. Reckon it's got to be Stack.
Yep. Add, Short, Brown and Banks as well, and we’ve got a LOT of half backs on our list.

Reactions: 3 users
Enough of the life lessons Hardwick. We get it, Stack gets it. Play him.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Too good for vfl so much a better option than Castagna or Aarts needs to be in the side but as a small forward

Reactions: 1 users
Could easily be a replacement for R2D2, Parker or Shedda going off last nights game. Could also step in for Tommy Dow who went down injured

Reactions: 1 user
Stack is certainly a class above VFL level and was best on today against Casey. Problem is I reckon he's best suited to half back/back pocket and so is Mansell, Rioli and Baker. Someone's gotta play as the forward pocket and Baker hasn't been getting the job done recently. Reckon it's got to be Stack.
I reckon there is a near 300game legend playing up forward, and thru the midfield who should be dropped well before Baker.

Yep. Add, Short, Brown and Banks as well, and we’ve got a LOT of half backs on our list.
Banks can be a winger, IMO. Stack can be a mid/fwd.

I'll check the replay tomorrow but in the meantime, did Sydders win ground ball?
It was mostly ground ball (one mark despite spending time as a target forward). Six disposals and five clearances in the first quarter, finished with 17/8.

Reactions: 2 users
Also from what I saw hit the packs as full speed and layed a couple of crunching tackles. We need someone like that up forward to lock the ball in.

Reactions: 4 users
I’d love to see Balta, Gibcus and Stack play back together the rest of the year , all excellent one on one and all will take the game on in the rebound

• Dislike
Baker should be in the midfield. Rioli has settled into the backline beautifully and stack should me in forward line

Reactions: 3 users
I've been happy with Stack out due to discipline.

But after watching yesterday's reserves game, he has to come in.

He is better than half our afl side.

Our team is crying out for skills & there's one obvious player who can help with that who's stuck in the VFL.
I'm sure the coaches have their reasons but it's bloody frustrating.

Should be picked simply on form but have a feeling we'll leave him out again.
Want him to come in against the Pies? If they leave him out this week (doesn’t the VFL team have a bye?) then it’s sheer vindictiveness and Syd should have his management put feelers out elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently Stack was running repeat sprints at an intense pace after the VFL game yesterday. Something tells me he wants to be playing AFL next week

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
After the non output of 4-5 others last night changes mmust be made and Stack is one of em.

RCD, Parker, Castagna, Dow (inj), Edwards take your pick he replaces any of them.

Deserves a game. If we don't play him soon, we will lose him in 2023 and he will be the best of the players we have lost - many of who are playing very well for their current clubs.

As long as he's doing what is asked of him at training, he plays seniors every week for mine. We are a light on for young skilful talent - every other club is playing these types, and I'm not sure why we have to be different...we are no longer an elite side.