Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
There comes a time when people won’t give you any more chances no matter how absurdly talented you are. Harley bennel found that out. If he wants it he can have a long career in the WAFL where he should dominate.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Turk supporting Sydney Stack and Australia beating Denmark.
Have I woken up in bizarro world?
I have always supported Sydney Stack , Its just he didnt live up to doing his part and give himself the best chance to make it

lets hope He works his ass off and Australia become world champions as the odds are about the same

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I have always supported Sydney Stack , Its just he didnt live up to doing his part and give himself the best chance to make it

lets hope He works his ass off and Australia become world champions as the odds are about the same
*smile*, turk, you are on a comedy burn. You've supported Stack less than zipps supported Griffens.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
*smile*, turk, you are on a comedy burn. You've supported Stack less than zipps supported Griffens.
I would be over the moon if stacky came back to the club to make sure Colina & Ryan had a running partner

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I would be over the moon if stacky came back to the club to make sure Colina & Ryan had a running partner
Harsh.

I dont know where Stacky is now, but i doubt he was ever a chance to be picked up in the draft. his best chance was always to do a pre-season somewhere and show he is committed. failing that he will need to play WAFL/SANFL or VFL and show form that cant be ignored.
or perhaps he is happy doing something else entirely.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Harsh.

I dont know where Stacky is now, but i doubt he was ever a chance to be picked up in the draft. his best chance was always to do a pre-season somewhere and show he is committed. failing that he will need to play WAFL/SANFL or VFL and show form that cant be ignored.
or perhaps he is happy doing something else entirely.
I posted something similar to this 3-4 months ago i think

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I posted something similar to this 3-4 months ago i think
One of the members in a Facebook Tigers group was at the AFLW B&F last night.

Said Stack got the flick because he was a loose cannon, and that Sonsie is likely to play mostly VFL next year. Gossip from the event.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
One of the members in a Facebook Tigers group was at the AFLW B&F last night.

Said Stack got the flick because he was a loose cannon, and that Sonsie is likely to play mostly VFL next year. Gossip from the event.
I would have thought Sonsie would get 10-15 games next season with another pre season under his belt and not starting the year injured like 2022.

Reactions: 1 users

fightingfury88

Tiger Cub
Nov 22, 2011
Bendigo
Sonsie's probably on the fringe of our best 22 and the midfield has certainly received a boost this off-season, but with inevitable injuries, variable form and the like I'd be disappointed if he didn't rack up at least 10 games next year.

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Sounds more like opinion to me.
It's plausible I think.

Midfield with rotations of: Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, Cotchin, Martin, Ross, Graham, Bolton.
Perhaps at times: Baker, Short
Wings: Pickett, McIntosh, Ralphsmith
I've completely ignored Dow
Some of the above will start/rest forward.
Others more likely to be defending and cameos elsewhere.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's plausible I think.

Midfield with rotations of: Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, Cotchin, Martin, Ross, Graham, Bolton.
Perhaps at times: Baker, Short
Wings: Pickett, McIntosh, Ralphsmith
I've completely ignored Dow
Some of the above will start/rest forward.
Others more likely to be defending and cameos elsewhere.
It's plausible that he will spend much of the year in the VFL but there's no way you'd go into a pre-season off a kid's impressive first year saying, "Yeah, we're gonna play him in the twos next year."

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
It's plausible that he will spend much of the year in the VFL but there's no way you'd go into a pre-season off a kid's impressive first year saying, "Yeah, we're gonna play him in the twos next year."
the way I see things is, if he is performing he comes in or stays in

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
and that Sonsie is likely to play mostly VFL next year. Gossip from the event.

Not sure how anyone can say player x is expected to play mostly VFL next year, particularly one that played well in the seniors in his rookie season.