Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
One of the members in a Facebook Tigers group was at the AFLW B&F last night.

Said Stack got the flick because he was a loose cannon, and that Sonsie is likely to play mostly VFL next year. Gossip from the event.
No way anyone could know what or where Sonsie is going to play next year this far out. Can't even be predicted week to week.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
One of the members in a Facebook Tigers group was at the AFLW B&F last night.

Said Stack got the flick because he was a loose cannon, and that Sonsie is likely to play mostly VFL next year. Gossip from the event.
Sounds more like pi$$ talk than gossip.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Been a problem child for along long time so if he is smart enough take the Saints offer if it arises. To much talent to be wasted.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Saints paid big bucks for crock Hannebury so if they pay peanuts to Stack he would be bargain if he delivered the goods.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Maybe the majority of the year in VFL will be good for Sonsie. He would get to play the # 1 mid role in the VFL getting more responsibility and game time than the seniors.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I wish Sydney all the best and hope to see him play AFL again.
The kid is footy talent and brought me serious levels of enjoyment with his time at the tigers.

Reactions: 5 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
The kid is footy talent and brought me serious levels of enjoyment with his time at the tigers.
Me too, but if he couldn't keep his *smile* together at the Tiges, what hope does he have with that rabble? I suppose initially the relatively loose culture could free him up a bit.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
No way anyone could know what or where Sonsie is going to play next year this far out. Can't even be predicted week to week.
very much so
to some degree Sonsie has a say in it , if he burns up the training track all pre season he could be playing rnd 1
but Jack Graham , Jack Ross , MJR will be trying to do similar and Hugo pushing up trying to get a wing spot /half back

if there are no major injuries before rnd 1 Sons could well find himself in the VFL , despite having a good preseason

in our pick the starting 22 thread someone put 4 names in each line , and they were completely sensible
its shows the amount of depth we have and the likes of Gibcus , Sonsie , Brown , Clarke , Banks , Ryan, Hugo could all be in the VFL for some time
with out a run of injuries

there are plenty of clubs that Sonsie would be a shoe in for rnd 1 , think Chol & Gold Coast

its good but its tough

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I hope he gets a go.

However, I wonder how he might react to Lyon. He ain’t a Richmond man.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Me too, but if he couldn't keep his *smile* together at the Tiges, what hope does he have with that rabble? I suppose initially the relatively loose culture could free him up a bit.

The Aints have always been a good place for talented lazy self-obsessed types

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Agree. the added bonus if he does make it at the Saints is there is minimal chance he will ever make us pay in September.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He hasn't played well in the seniors since mid 2019

That's a long time ago now

Last edited: